Adam Freeland - 2005 - Back to Mine Vol.21
Audio CD (September 13, 2005)
Label: Back to Mine
The latest installment in the Back to Mine series renowned for personal collections for after-hours grooving comes from one of the most successful DJ, remixer, club promoter and record label boss, Adam Freeland.
Originally a deep house DJ, Freeland became known for seamlessly blending hip-hop and electro into his sets. He pioneered "nu-school breaks" - breakbeats with an eclectic range of influences including techno, drum 'n' bass and world music. Adam’s first compilation was Coastal Breaks series and the hit track "Hip Hop Phenomenon" – quickly gaining him the reputation as a rising star. His remixing credits include The Orb, Headrillaz, Orbital, Deejay Punk Roc, and Dylan Rhymes.
Adam has discarded the rulebook for the Back to Mine Series and pushed the boundaries even further. Adam starts the mix off like no other before with some super charged rock from the likes of Trail Of The Dead, then he drops such dope fuelled acoustic delights as Elliot Smith, The Beta Band and PJ Harvey. This is a mix that truly captures the ethos of Back to Mine but in turn opens the series up to yet another new breed of listeners.
1. Trail Of The Dead – Will You Smile Again For Me.
2. Autobus – Turnstile Blues
3. Interpol – Untitled
4. TV On The Radio – Staring At The Sun
5. Ambulance LTD – Yoga Means Union
6. The Beta Band – It’s Not Too Beautiful
7. Jape – Floating
8. EL-P – Constellation Recall
9. Elliot Smith – Needle In The Hay
10. PJ Harvey – The Slow Drug
11. Funkadelik – Maggot Brain
12. Dyke House – Sandy Strip
13. M83 – Lower Your Eyes To Die With The Sun
14. Trans Am – A Single Ray Of Light On An Other Wise Cloudy Day
15. Boards Of Canada – Zoetrope