Formed in Boston in 1997, Isis is a band that combines ambience, atmosphere, and aggression to form a unique style of metal music. Isis draws from post-rock, which leans away from the traditional elements of choruses, verses, repetitive vocals, or fast/repetitive riffs. Compared to many post-rock bands, though, Isis displays more hardcore and sludge influence (especially in their pre-Celestial era).
Frontman Aaron Turner, when posed the challenge of defining Isis, stated they were best described as “avant-garde, drone-oriented rock, but that doesn’t completely cover the bases.” Some fans and critics tend to label Isis as post-metal. This genre is associated with similar-sounding contemporaries such as Pelican, Cult of Luna and Rosetta. Members of Isis are active in a variety of other projects: Aaron Turner was associated with black metal supergroup Twilight (who have officialy disbanded in 2008), appears in House of Low Culture with Isis bassist Jeff Caxide, and plays in Old Man Gloom. Live guitarist Bryant Clifford Meyer appears in Red Sparowes, Windmills By The Ocean, and The Gersch.
02. False Light [Carry Edit] [Edit] - Ayal Naor
04. Other - James Plotkin
05. Carry [First Version] - Tim Hecker
01. Beginning and the End - Venetian Snares
02. Carry [Second Version] - Tim Hecker
03. False Light
04. Carry: Like I Will Love Her Forever? ([内容被过滤，请注意论坛文明]in Die!!!) - DJ Speedranch,
05. From: Sinking, To: Drowning - Destructo Swarmbots