From Vivaldi to Gershwin and Rossini to Ravel, critics have raved about both the performances and the audio quality of these recordings by celebrated orchestras and conductors from around the world. A great compilation for testing or showing off a sound system, all the selections have earned distinction as high-resolution classics.
The album was mastered using our 2xHD proprietary system. In order to achieve the most accurate reproduction of the original recording we tailor our process specifically for each project, using a selection from our pool of state-of-the-art audiophile components and connectors. The process begins with a transfer to analog from the original 24bits/96kHz resolution master, using cutting edge D/A converters. The analog signal is then sent through a hi-end tube pre-amplifier before being recorded directly in DXD using the dCS905 A/D and the dCS Vivaldi Clock. All connections used in the process are made of OCC silver cable.
Title: The First Selection of High-Resolution Classic
Artist: Various Artists
Genre: Classical Label: 2xHD - Naxos
Release Date: 2015
01. Antonio Vivaldi; Cho-Liang Lin; Sejong; Anthony Newman - I. Allegro
02. Gioachino Rossini; Prague Sinfonia; Christian Benda - Overture
03. Hector Berlioz; Lyon National Orchestra; Leonard Slatkin - II. Un Bal (Valse) Allegro non troppo
04. Felix Mendelssohn; Tianwa Yang; Sinfonia Finlandia Jyvaskyla; Patrick Gallois - I. Allegro molto appassionato
05. Antonin Dvorak; Baltimore Symphony Orchestra; Marin Alsop - IV. Allegro con fuoco
06. Leos Janacek; Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra; Antoni Wit - I. Allegretto
07. Gustav Mahler; Warsaw Philharmonic Choir; Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University Choir - Part I. Veni, creator spiritus
08. Maurice Ravel; Lyon National Orchestra; Leonard Slatkin - Bolero, M. 81
09. La grande porte de Kiev Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky; New Zealand Symphony Orchestra; Peter Breiner - La cabane sur des pattes de poule
10. George Gershwin; Orion Weiss; Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra; JoAnn Falletta - Rhapsody in Blue (arr. F. Grofe for piano and orchestra)