难得一见让人惊豔的古典音乐气质美女 - 艾莉森．鲍尔萨姆，更难得的是以一向非女性所擅长的小喇叭这项需要相当吹奏技巧的乐器来演奏巴哈的作品，曲目包括了D大调协奏曲、无伴奏大提琴组曲、A小调旋律变奏、C大调协奏曲等等。基本上，巴哈从来都不曾为小喇叭写过室内乐类型的乐曲，艾莉森鲍尔萨姆不仅将小喇叭吹奏得像是人声歌唱，也谨守巴哈室内乐的特色，在技巧与音色上都展现出让人一新耳目和其游刃有餘的功力。
艾莉森．鲍尔萨姆现在是BBC( New Generation Artist)新一代艺术家之一，同时也和BBC管絃乐团一起演出和录音。世界的古典乐坛从此又多了一位外貌与演奏技巧并济的经典佳作，犹如她於2000年在巴黎的比赛中赢得「最美丽的声音」的封号一样，我们瞩目期待这位明日之星在乐坛大放异彩。
艺人 Alison Balsom
Series: Debut (4) – 5 75683 2
Format: CD, Album
Style: Baroque, Modern, Renaissance
Audio CD (February 4, 2003)
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Angel Records
Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars
5.0 out of 5 starsWonderfully Addictive CD!
By Kevin Peterson on February 7, 2006
Format: Audio CD
Inspired by a recent recital performance I attended featuring Ms. Balsom, I purchased her latest CD ("Bach Works for Trumpet"). I was completely blown away by her performance and immediately fell in love with the disc. And so began my quest to find "Music for Trumpet and Organ"- her debut album, released in the US in 2003.
I finally got it yesterday. I decided to put it in my CD player, and take it in while reading the program notes she included in the CD jacket. Wow, what a performance!
Ms. Balsom plays everything from Sweelinck's "Variations on 'Mein junges Leben hat ein End'" to Petr Eben's "Windows" with a sweet and captivating tone, and with virtuosic technical ability to match. Her performance on the "suite" of excerpts from Act IV of Purcell's "King Arthur," played on the baroque trumpet (basically a trumpet with no valves) was especially remarkable; and her performances of "Shenandoah" and George Thalben-Ball's "Elegy" on the flugelhorn were incredibly passionate. She captures the emotion of the pieces well.
Whether your interests are in late Renaissance or Baroque music, 20th century music, or anything in between; it's on this CD. And it's all played incredibly well. I would recommend reading her program notes that accompany the CD, they really add a lot to her performance.
Copyright © – EMI Records Ltd.
Manufactured By – TAKT – 2100001574901
Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
Produced At – Abbey Road Studios
Published By – Bärenreiter Praha
Published By – Editio Supraphon
Published By – Éditions Leduc
Recorded At – Paisley Abbey
Design – Stuart Wilson (2)
Engineer [Balance Engineer] – Arne Akselberg
Flugelhorn – Alison Balsom (tracks: 7, 8)
Liner Notes – Alison Balsom
Liner Notes [French Translation] – Dennis Collins (2)
Liner Notes [German Translation] – Eckhardt Van Den Hoogen
Organ – Quentin Thomas (tracks: 1, 3 to 14)
Photography By [Alison Balsom] – David Crooks (2)
Photography By [Quentin Thomas] – Roy Morris (5)
Producer, Edited By – Jørn Pedersen (2)
Trumpet – Alison Balsom (tracks: 1, 2, 9 to 14)
Trumpet [Natural Trumpet] – Alison Balsom (tracks: 3 to 6)
Trumpet [Piccolo Trumpet] – Alison Balsom (tracks: 9)
01. Variations On / Variationen Über / Variations Sur “Mein Junges Leben Hat Ein End” - Arranged By – Balsom*, Thomas* Composed By – Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck 6:16
02. Allemande From / Aus / De Partita Ⅱ, BWV 1004 Composed By – Johann Sebastian Bach 4:59
Musike From / Aus / De “King Arthur” Composed By – Henry Purcell (5:32)
03. 1. Trumpet Tune 0:50
04. 2. Symphony 1:59
05. 3. Song Tune 1 “Round Thy Shores” 1:36
06. 4. Warlike Consort 1:07
07. Shenandoah Arranged By – Thomas* Composed By – Traditional 2:41
08. Elegy Arranged By – Thomas* Composed By – George Thalben-Ball 3:47
09. Semaine Sainte A Cuzco Composed By – Henri Tomasi 6:08
10. Vocalise-Étude, Pour Voix Élevées Composed By – Olivier Messiaen 4:47
Okna, Podle Marca Chagalla (Windows, After Marc Chagall / Fenster, Nach Marc Chagall / Fenêtres, D’Après Marc Chagall)
Composed By – Petr Eben (23:32)
11. 1. Modré Okno (The Blue Window / Das Blaue Fenster / La Fenêtre Bleue) - Con Moto Persistente 4:30
12. 2. Zelené Okno (The Green Window / Das Grüne Fenster / La Fenêtre Verte) - Andantino Pastorale 6:29
13. 3. Červené Okno (The Red Window / Das Rote Fenster / La Fenêtre Rouge) - Risoluto E Drammatico 6:00
14. 4. Zlaté Okno (The Gold Window / Das Goldene Fenster / La Fenêtre D’Or) - Festivo 6:32