本专辑是艾玛·罗伯主演的《考试过关的艺术》的原声带。《考试过关的艺术》由著名童星弗雷迪·海默（Freddie Highmore）和艾玛·罗伯茨（Emma Roberts）两位90后领衔主演，入选了2011年的圣丹斯电影节。影片深入当代美国都市青年的精神世界，表现青春期的迷茫、躁动和暧昧美好的情愫。
review: [by James Christopher Monger]
Soundtrack for romantic teen dramedy, The Art of Getting By arrives stocked with the usual assortment of quirky, indie pop mainstays like the Shins (“We Will Become Silhouettes”), Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah (“Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth”), and the Mates of State, the latter offers up a pretty faithful version of Belle and Sebastian’s “Sleep the Clock Around.” Also included is an obligatory Leonard Cohen track (“Winter Lady”), and peppered throughout the soundtrack are excerpts from composer Alec Puro's languid and dreamy score.
The Art of Getting By music has a very indie feel to it with songs by The Shins, Earlimart, Mates of State, Delphic, Leonard Cohen, Clap Your Hand Say Yeah, The Boxer Rebellion, Pavement and French Kicks. These songs are complimented with three songs by the movie score composer Alec Puro.
01. We Will Become Silhouettes - The Shins
02. We Drink on the Job - Earlimart
03. Sally's Theme - Alec Puro
04. Sleep the Clock Around - Mates of State
05. This Momentary - Delphic
06. Christmas Break - Alec Puro
07. Winter Lady - Leonard Cohen
08. The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
09. Sally's Bedroom - Alec Puro
10. Spitting Fire - The Boxer Rebellion
11. Here - Pavement
12. The Trial of the Century - French Kicks