Appropriate for special topic courses on Software Architecture or as an inexpensive supplement to software engineering courses. Shaw and Garland examine the useful abstractions and paradigms of system design as well as key notations and tools. They present an introduction to software architecture that illustrates the current state of the discipline and examines ways in which architectural issues can impact software design.
2. Architectural Styles.
3. Case Studies.
4. Shared Information Systems.
5. Architectural Design Guidance.
6. Formal Models and Specifications.
7. Linguistic Issues.
8. Tools for Architectural Design.
9. Education of Software Architects.