The agile, lightweight, open-source Spring Framework continues to be the de facto leading enterprise Java application development framework for today's Java programmers and developers. It works with other leading open-source, agile and lightweight Java technologies like Hibernate, Groovy, MyBatis, and more. Spring now also works with Java EE and JPA 2 as well.
Pro Spring 3 updates the bestselling Pro Spring with the latest that the Spring Framework has to offer: version 3.1. At 1000 pages, this is by far the most comprehensive Spring book available, thoroughly exploring the power of Spring.
With Pro Spring 3, you’ll learn Spring basics and core topics, and gain access to the authors’ insights and real–world experiences with remoting, Hibernate, and EJB. Beyond the basics, you'll learn how to leverage the Spring Framework to build various tiers or parts of an enterprise Java application like transactions, the web and presentations tiers, deployment, and much more. A full sample application allows you to apply many of the technologies and techniques covered in this book and see how they work together.
After reading this definitive book, you'll be armed with the power of Spring to build complex Spring applications, top to bottom.
1. Introducing Spring
2. Getting Started
3. Introducing the Sample Application
4. Introducing IoC and DI in Spring
5. Spring Configuration in Detail
6. Introducing Spring AOP
7. More Spring AOP and Annotations
8. Spring JDBC Support
9. Using Hibernate in Spring
10. Data Access in Spring with JPA 2
11. Using MyBatis in Spring
12. Designing and Implementing Spring-Based Applications
13. Transaction Management
14. Validation with Type Conversion and Formatting
15. Task Scheduling in Spring
16. Using Spring Remoting
17. Web Applications with Spring
18. Spring Web Flow and JSF
19. Spring Testing
20. Spring Projects: Batch, Integration, Roo
21. Sample Application in Detail
22. Scripting Support in Spring
23. Spring Application Monitoring