1. Introduction & Principles - This section puts the half guard into perspective so that the actual techniques make sense, fit together and are easier to remember. If you have a context for a situation then knowing what to do is easy!
2. Two Fundamental Techniques - Before I teach anyone the half guard I show them these two techniques. Why? First because you can use them immediately in sparring, and second because they develop movements and attributes that are critical for performing many of the advanced techniques later on (which I also show in this DVD).
3. The Triple Attack Game - First I take the three most powerful half guard sweeps and break them down into easy-to-learn steps. Then I show how these three attacks set each other up and link together in combinations. Finally I show lots of variations throughout to keep your game unpredictable and your opponent guessing
4. The Kimura Game - The Kimura is the highest percentage submission from the half guard if you know how to apply it properly and also what to do when your opponent counters your initial attack. This section presents a complete strategy centered on using the Kimura to submit and/or sweep your opponent.
5. Half Butterfly Guard - The Half Butterfly is a very great position because it is the starting point for many powerful sweeping combinations. The Half Butterfly also provides a way to transition to various other forms of open guard.
6. Sitting & Instep Guard - These positions complement the half guard, and open up a whole new set of ways to sweep your opponent head over heels. The Instep Guard in particular is one of my very favorite positions, and I can't begin to count the number of times that it has saved me in sparring.
7. BONUS: Defending Passes and Submissions from the Half Guard - As a bonus I include techniques to shut your opponent down when he tries to pass your half guard or submit you from the top position. The counters in this section are essential if you want to develop a high-level half guard.