Für Elise: 20 Famous Piano Pieces
A piano recital has just ended. The pianist is taking a bow, the audience is clapping frantically, some are shouting "Bravo!", and (if the concert hall is in Germany, Austria or certain other places on the Continent) a few enthusiasts even crumble down in the front and start clapping together rhythmically. This is the moment everyone has been waiting for. The official part of the programme is over, and now everyone is hoping for an encore. What will he or she play? Something by Beethoven or Mozart? A Chopin waltz? One of Schumann's "Scenes from Childhood"? Or something Russian? This moment is made for virtuosos, the magicians of the keyboard who can cast a spell on the audience with just a few bars. These little pieces play as important a part in a big piano recital as dessert does at the end of a good dinner: like petits fours, dainty morsels in which deft fingers, creative refinement and presentational flair combine to make a small work of art. The room is completely silent, the whole audience listens entranced to the yearning melodies, the perfectly carved miniatures which tell of childhood and love. Then a storm of applause, the audience simply cannot have enough of these pieces. Perhaps the pianist will play another, and then another.
1. Bagatelle In A Minor, Woo 59 -"Für Elise"
2. Prelude And Fugue In C (Wtk, Book I, No.1), Bwv 846
3. Lieder Ohne Worte, Op.62 - No. 6 Andante Grazioso In A "Spring Song"
4. Piano Sonata No.14 In C Sharp Minor, Op.27 No.2 -"Moonlight" - 1. Adagio Sostenu
5. Kinderszenen, Op.15 - 1. Von Fremden Ländern Und Menschen
6. Kinderszenen, Op.15 - 7. Träumerei
7. Waldszenen, Op.82 - 7. Vogel Als Prophet
8. Suite Bergamasque - 3. Clair De Lune
9. 12 Etudes, Op.10 - No. 3. In E "Tristesse"
10. Piano Sonata No.11 In A, K.331 -"Alla Turca" - 3. Alla Turca (Allegretto)
11. Liebestraum No.3 In A Flat, S.541 No.3 - Notturno Iii: O Lieb, So Lang Du Lieben
12. Jeux D'enfants, Op.22 - 6. Trompette Et Tambour
13. Jeux D'enfants, Op.22 - 2. La Toupie
14. Jeux D'enfants, Op.22 - 12. Le Bal
15. 16 Waltzes, Op.39 - 15. In A Flat
16. Children's Corner - 1. Doctor Gradus Ad Parnassum
17. 4 Impromptus, Op.90, D.899 - No.2 In E Flat: Allegro
18. Waltz No.6 In D Flat, Op.64 No.1 -"Minute"
19. 12 Variations In C, K.265 On "Ah, Vous Dirai-Je Maman"
20. Lyric Pieces, Op.57 - 6. Heimweh