资源数量:1 (工具 文本1个)
中文名: MSSQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed includes full coverage of SQL Server 2008 in addition to R2 coverage
This is the industry the most comprehensive and useful guide to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2. It presents start-to-finish coverage of SQL Server core database server and management capabilities, plus complete introductions to Integration, Reporting, and Analysis Services, application development, and much more.
Four expert SQL Server administrators, developers, and consultants have packed this book with real-world information, tips, guidelines, and samples drawn from their own extensive experience creating and managing complex database solutions. Writing for intermediate-to-advanced-level SQL Server professionals, they focus on the product most complex and powerful capabilities, and its newest tools and features. For example, you will find invaluable information on administering SQL Server more efficiently, analyzing and optimizing queries, implementing data warehouses, ensuring high availability, and tuning performance.
The accompanying CD-ROM contains an extraordinary library of practical tools and information including sample databases and all code examples. Whether you’re responsible for SQL Server 2008 analysis, design, implementation, support, administration, or troubleshooting, no other book offers you this much value.
* Understand the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 environment, R2 for newest features, and each edition capabilities
* Manage SQL Server 2008 more effectively with SQL Server Management Studio, the SQLCMD command-line query tool, and Powershell
* Efficiently manage security, users, backup/restore, replication, Database Mail, and database objects from tables and indexes to stored procedures and triggers
* Increase availability with clustering, database mirroring, and other features
* Use new Policy-Based Management to centrally configure and operate SQL Server throughout the organization
* Use SQL Server Profiler to capture queries and identify bottlenecks
* Improve performance by optimizing queries, design more effective databases, and manage workloads with the new Resource Governor
* Develop applications using SQL Server 2008 enhancements to T-SQL and SQLCLR, .NET integration, LINQ to SQL, XML, and XQuery
Ray Rankins, president of Gotham Consulting Services, has worked with Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server for more than 23 years and is coauthor of Sybase SQL Server Unleashed, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Unleashed, and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Unleashed. Paul Bertucci, founder of Database Architechs, has more than 30 years of experience in database design, architecture, replication, tuning, integration, and high availability. Chris Gallelli, president of CGAL Consulting Services, specializes in database administration, tuning, and programming. Alex T. Silverstein is managing principal and chief architect of Unified Digital Group, LLC, a developer of custom SQL Server and Microsoft .NET solutions.
Part I Welcome to Microsoft SQL Server
1. SQL Serve 2008 Overview
2. What’s new in SQL Serve 2008
3. Examples of SQL Server Implementations
Part II SQL Server Tools and Utilities
4. SQL Server Management Studio
5. SQL Server Command-Line Utilities
6. SQL Server Profiler
Part III SQL Server Administration
7. SQL Server System and Database Administration
8. Installing SQL Serve 2008
9. Upgrading to SQL Serve 2008
10. Client Installation and Configuration
11. Security and User Administration