Mac OS X Snow Leopard is the newest version of the Macintosh operating system, and “Dr. Mac” Bob LeVitus is the ideal expert to introduce you to Snow Leopard. Mac OS X Snow Leopard For Dummies covers all the cool stuff and prepares you for the quirks, so whether it’s your first Mac or an upgrade, you’ll enjoy a truly rewarding relationship.
From starting up your Mac to setting up a network and keeping in touch via iChat AV, Mac OS X Snow Leopard For Dummies gives you the scoop on the new features and improvements that help you do more work in less time.
* Learn when to shut down your Mac and when not to, how to secure it, and how to back it up with Time Machine
* Organize your life with iCal and your stuff with files and folders, and be able to find what you’re looking for
* Set up your Internet connection and e-mail, manage spam, surf with Safari, and start iChatting
* Download and organize songs, podcasts, and movies with iTunes and plan a playlist with Genius
* Create documents with TextEdit, print them, fax then, and make PDFs
* Set up a network and share files, printers, and Internet connections
* Find out about operating system updates, firewalls, troubleshooting, and other ways to keep your Mac safe, healthy, and happy
Technology columnist Bob LeVitus has been a Mac guru for nearly two decades. Mac OS X Snow Leopard For Dummies provides just what you need to get up and running with Snow Leopard.
Mac OS X雪豹是在Macintosh操作系统的最新版本，傻瓜也更新了自己，与Mac接轨，那么读者就跟着傻瓜一起，了解如何设置您的Internet连接和电子邮件，管理与Safari垃圾邮件，下载文件，iTunes歌曲，iTunes歌曲等
The perennial bestselling iMac book is back—now updated and revised throughout!
If you're eager to discover how to take advantage of the exciting possibilities that an iMac offers, then this is the book for you. From its speed, high performance, powerful operating system, and amazing applications, the iMac is an impeccable choice, and the fun, friendly, and approachable style of iMac For Dummies, 6th Edition is an ideal way to get started with the basics.
You'll learn the fundamentals of the iMac including setting up and customizing your iMac and the software that comes with it, importing files from your old computer, sending and receiving e-mail, and more.
* Boasts new content covering the latest iMac hardware, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iLife '09, iWork '09, and coverage of the latest trends in the market
* Walks you through storing and organizing digital photos, music, and video
* Explains backing up your system with Time Machine
* Delves into creating a multi-user iMac and connecting to a wireless network
* Reviews troubleshooting tips and tricks
* Shows you how to automate mundane tasks
傻瓜让您了解到高速，高性能，功能强大的iMac是一个无可挑剔的选择，您将了解到关于iMac的一切基础知识和应用的小技巧，同时还会向您提供Mac OS X的雪豹iLife '09，iWork '09的信息 等
Grab your MacBook—and this Dummies book—and get savvy with all the latest updates to Apple's newest generation of laptop hardware and software. Packed with coverage of the latest MacBook models, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iLife, and iWork , this new edition is completely revised and updated on all the latest tools and trends in the MacBook world. Seasoned author Mark Chambers shows you how to customize your dock and desktop, stay connected while on the road, make movies with iMovie, create and share DVDs, compose your own music with GarageBand, build a Web site with iWeb, and much more.
* Features completely revised and updated information on all the latest tools and trends of the Apple MacBook
* Explains how to customize the dock and desktop; connect from the road; take your music mobile; use iWeb, iMovie, iPhoto, and GarageBand; sync with wireless devices; work with networks; and more
* Includes coverage of the latest MacBook models, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, iLife, and iWork
苹果最新的笔记本电脑，让你了解最新的相关硬件和软件信息。Mac OS X雪豹，iLife，iWork等等，让你能够更好的使用苹果的笔记本
New to Macs? Making the PC-to-Mac switch? Adding a Mac to your existing network? Macs For Dummies makes it easy. Now in its eleventh edition, the bestselling Macintosh computer book of all time is back, updated and revised to cover Apple's latest generation of Macintosh hardware and software. From the Snow Leopard operating system to iWork and iLife, this step-by-step guide is perfect for first-time Mac users or more experienced users upgrading to the newest Mac models.
* Shows you how to set up your e-mail, browse the Internet with Safari, and explore blogs and social networking sites
* Helps you understand folders, icons, windows, and master the Dock
* Guides you through navigating iLife applications and backing up your computer with Time Machine
* Explains buying songs online with iTunes and burning music to CDs
* Details how to run a Windows operating system on your Mac
Cocoa programming is not only the favored development environment for Mac OS X, it’s also a primary tool for creating iPhone and iPod Touch software. That makes this a great time to learn Cocoa, and Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies is the ideal place to start!
This book gives you a solid foundation in Cocoa and the unusual syntax of Objective-C. You’ll learn what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an application step by step. For example, you can:
* See how Xcode underlies your applications as the main component of Apple’s IDE
* Examine the basics of the Objective-C language, the elements of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
* Use Xcode and Interface Builder
* Spruce up your apps with audio, video, Internet features, stylized text, and more
* Create applications with the stunning graphics for which Macs are famous
* See how to build apps with multiple documents and even executables that aren’t traditional Mac apps
* Use all the exciting new Cocoa features
* Work with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
* Build document-based applications
* Simplify with key-value coding
Cocoa不仅是针对Mac OS X开发环境，它也是一个用于创建iPhone和iPod Touch软件的主要工具。这本书让您了解Cocoa，学会使用，美化与音频，视频，互联网等等