这张精选《Best of Smooth Jazz》其实就是最经典的Smooth Jazz集粹，所选曲目都是一些可以永久流传的名作。由此看来，华纳唱片非常推崇这张专辑。不错，这张由华纳唱片在1997年发行的专辑可以被看作是Smooth Jazz的一个里程碑。
一群来自全球各地的顶尖爵士乐手Bob James、David Sanborn、Joe Sample、Al Jarreau、George Benson、Yellowjackets、Randy Crawford、Earl Klugh、David Sanborn、George Duke、Fourplay、Michael Franks、Boney James，传承了爵士精髓，精湛无比的乐器演奏技巧、多元化自由的曲风，给我们留下了回味无穷的余韵。
The albums of the "Best of Smooth Jazz" series are arguably some of the greatest smooth jazz compilations to date. I credit this particular series of albums with opening my eyes to the sheer beauty that encompasses smooth jazz. This particular album is of coure the forerunner, and daresay, the best of the immaculate series. My favorite cut off the album would have to be Bob James' "Angela" (theme from "Taxi"). This classic is worth that price of admission alone as it offers so much more then just the 30 seconds it is alloted per episode of said show. Al Jarreau's "We're In This Love Together" is a tune that many will recognize as it has been a frequent staple in most pop radio stations across the country. Pure greatness! There is so much more to say, but I am sure everyone gets the point by now. If you have been an avid love of smooth jazz for years or if you are a novice to this genre (not unlike myself), throw your inhibtions to the wind, and sail away with "Best of Smooth Jazz"
01. Bob James & David Sanborn - Maputo
02. Joe Sample - Hippies On A Corner
03. Al Jarreau - We're In This Love Together
04. George Benson - Breezin'
05. Yellowjackets - Daddy's Gonna Miss You
06. Randy Crawford - Rio De Janeiro Blue
07. Bob James - Angela (Theme From Taxi)
08. Earl Klugh - Midnight In San Juan
09. David Sanborn - The Dream
10. George Duke - No Rhyme, No Reason
11. Fourplay - 101 Eastbound
12. Michael Franks - The Lady Wants To Know
13. Boney James - Nothin' But Love