Business Valuation For Dummies is filled with expert guidance that business owners, managers at all levels, investors, and students can use when determining the value of a business. It contains a solid framework for valuation, including advice on analyzing historical performance, evaluating assets and income value, understanding a company's financial statements, estimating the cost of capital, business valuation models, and how to apply those models to different types of businesses.
So you’ve been asked to lead a quality control initiative? Or maybe you’ve been assigned to a quality team. Perhaps you’re a CEO whose main concern is to make your company faster, more efficient, and less expensive. Whatever your role is, quality control is a critical concept in every industry and profession.
Quality Control For Dummies is the straightforward, easy guide to improving your company’s quality. It covers all of today’s available options and provides expert techniques for introducing quality methods to your company, collecting data, designing quality processes, and more. This hands-on guide gives you all the tools you’ll ever need to enhance your company’s quality, including:
* Understanding the importance of quality standards
* Putting fundamental quality control methods to use
* Listening to your customer about quality issues
* Whipping quality control into shape with Lean
* Working with value stream mapping
* Focusing on the 5S method
* Supplement a process with Kanban
* Fixing tough problems with Six Sigma
* Using QFD to win customers over
* Improving you company with TOC
Written for small business owners and entrepreneurs looking for an inside track on new product development, New Product Development for Dummies offers you a unique opportunity to learn from two consummate insiders the secrets of successfully developing, marketing and making a bundle from a new product or service. You learn proven techniques for sizing up market potential and divining customer needs. You get tested-in-the-trenches strategies for launching a new product or service. And you get a frank, in-depth appraisal of the most challenging issues facing new product developers today, including the need to collaborate with global partners, optimizing technology development for a 21st century marketplace, getting start-up capital in an increasingly competitive environment, and much more. Key topics covered include:
* Developing a winning NPD strategy
* Generating bold new ideas for products and services
* Understanding what your customers really want
* Keeping projects on track, on budget, and on-time
* Building effective cross-functional teams
* Planning and executing a blockbuster launch
* Collaborating with global partners
* Maximizing your chances for success
Manage your business from a services perspective
What if technology was designed to serve the business — every time? That's service management! Done properly, it can make everybody happy — the customer, the service provider, and the business owner. Understand the value of managing your physical environments and IT systems with an integrated approach. Learn how real companies improve business performance by streamlining business processes and applying service management standards and best practices.
Define service — identify what the customer wants, how the business can provide it, and which technological tools will make it happen
Who's king? — whether you're the IT manager or the business owner, see how to think like the customer
Standards are key — understand the standards and best practices that can improve quality and reduce costs
Strategically speaking — develop and implement a service management strategy
What's it worth? — assess the costs and return associated with service management
Get down to business — discover how to manage data centers, support services, desktops and devices, IT security, and other business services
See it at work — explore case studies of service management in the manufacturing, retail, health care, hospitality, and other business sectors
How the digital world has altered service
Service management assets and tools
Resources for best practices and standards information
Advice for defining, creating, and maintaining a service management plan
The six layers of service management
How to optimize a data center
Ideas for managing your business assets as services
The role of virtualization and cloud computing
了解公司如何通过简化业务流程，提高和应用服务管理标准增加业务。如何定义服务 - 确定客户需要什么，企业如何能向它提供所需服务
标准是关键 - 了解标准和最佳做法，可以提高品质，降低成本
从战略上 - 制定和实施服务管理策略
In today's business world, your bottom line isn't measured by your company's financial performance alone. Social Entrepreneurship For Dummies shows you how to implement social responsibility to your business plan in order to increase your bottom line.
This book helps any social entrepreneur gain the necessary skills needed to change the system and spread the solution, while providing explanations of the most successful business tools being used today.
* A complete reference on the ideas and processes associated with social entrepreneurship
* Provides a foundation and business plan for those looking to create their own socially oriented business venture
A company's ability to grow and stay on top of customer demand has always depended heavily on the quality of its people. Now, more than ever, businesses recognize that finding (and keeping!) a highly skilled and motivated workforce is pivotal to success.
Maybe you're a business owner and your company is growing, or you're an employee at a small to midsize company and management has asked you to take on some—or all—of their HR functions. Either way, knowing how to set up and implement successful HR practices (not to mention navigating the legal minefields in today’s increasingly regulated environment) can be tricky.
Human Resources Kit for Dummies, Second Edition, is your one-stop resource for learning the nuts and bolts of HR. It gives you the actual tools—forms, templates, and so on—that you can put to immediate and productive use. Inside, you’ll easily discover how to:
* Find, hire, and keep top talent
* Create an effective compensation structure
* Ensure you’re developing the right benefits package
* Encourage extraordinary performance
* Establish an employee-friendly environment
* And much more
Success in business demands constant creativity. Generating fresh solutions to problems and the ability to invent new products or services for a changing market are part of the intellectual capital that gives a company its competitive edge.
Business Innovation For Dummies gives you practical, easy-to-follow information for generating new ideas, using creativity to boost sales, solving problems creatively, mastering the art of invention, honing creative thinking skills, and identifying new opportunities.
* Advice on how to apply creativity to the workplace
* Ideas for spicing up presentations
* Shows you how innovation leads to more productive business
Customer Service For Dummies, Third Edition integrates the unbeatable information from Customer Service For Dummies and Online Customer Service For Dummies to form an all-in-one guide to customer loyalty for large and small businesses alike. The book covers the fundamentals of service selling and presents up-to-date advice on such fundamentals as help desks, call centers, and IT departments. Plus, it shows readers how to take stock of their customer service strengths and weaknesses, create useful customer surveys, and learn from the successes and failures of businesses just like theirs.
In today's time-crunched, cost-conscious global business environment, tight project deadlines and stringent expectations are the norm. Now with 25% new and updated content, Project Management For Dummies, 3rd Edition introduces you to the principles of successful project management and shows you how to motivate any team to gain maximum productivity.
You'll learn how to organize, estimate, and schedule projects efficiently and effectively. You'll also discover how to manage deliverables, issue changes, assess risks, maintain communications, and live up to expectations by making the most of the latest technology and software and by avoiding common problems that can trip up even the best project managers.
* The latest methods to manage resources and stay on track and within a budget
* New coverage of the pros and cons of virtual teams
* Fresh tactics for team motivation and the hottest risk management strategies
* Explanations of concepts tested in the PMP certification exam with study tips and practices to help you pass
This authoritative, friendly guide covers all the basics, from the nuts and bolts of Chinese business and bureaucracy to negotiating with your Chinese partners. You'll also get the know-how you need to manage day to day, from travel tips and advice on converting money to getting past language barriers.
Discover how to:
* Understand Chinese markets
* Develop a strong business plan
* Find the right employees
* Work with currency controls and the Chinese banking system
* Sell and source in China
Explanations in plain English
* "Get in, get out" information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Now, it is easier than ever before to understand complex mathematical concepts and formulas and how they relate to real-world business situations. All you have to do it apply the handy information you will find in Business Math For Dummies. Featuring practical practice problems to help you expand your skills, this book covers topics like using percents to calculate increases and decreases, applying basic algebra to solve proportions, and working with basic statistics to analyze raw data. Find solutions for finance and payroll applications, including reading financial statements, calculating wages and commissions, and strategic salary planning.
Navigate fractions, decimals, and percents in business and real estate transactions, and take fancy math skills to work. You’ll be able to read graphs and tables and apply statistics and data analysis. You’ll discover ways you can use math in finance and payroll investments, banking and payroll, goods and services, and business facilities and operations. You’ll learn how to calculate discounts and markup, use loans and credit, and understand the ins and outs of math for business facilities and operations. You’ll be the company math whiz in no time at all! Find out how to:
* Read graphs and tables
* Invest in the future
* Use loans and credit
* Navigate bank accounts, insurance, budgets, and payroll
* Calculate discounts and markup
* Measure properties and handle mortgages and loans
* Manage rental and commercial properties
Achieve business success with Neuro-linguistic Programming
People around the globe use NLP to improve their communication skills, build rapport, make positive changes, and accomplish their goals. When used in a business context, NLP techniques can transform both your own and your team’s performances. This practical guide to NLP at work will help you increase your flexibility, become more influential, and achieve professional success, whatever your career.
• Use NLP techniques in the workplace – overcome barriers to success and develop a winning mindset
• Build effective working relationships – improve your communication skills and create rapport with your colleagues
• Lead people to perform – enhance your ability to inspire peak performance
• Make changes that drive success – set and achieve ambitious goals
Now updated — your guide to getting the best insurance policy
Are you intimidated by insurance? Have no fear — this easy-to-understand guide explains everything you need to know, from getting the most coverage at the best price to dealing with adjusters, filing claims, and more. Whether you're looking for personal or business insurance, you'll see how to avoid common pitfalls, lower your costs, and get what you deserve at claim time.
* Get to know the basics — understand how to make good insurance decisions and reduce the chances of a financial loss in your life
Take your insurance on the road — manage your personal automobile risks, handle special situations, insure recreational vehicles, and deal with insurance adjusters
Understand homeowner's and renter's insurance — know what is and isn't covered by typical policies, common exclusions and pitfalls, and how to cover yourself against personal lawsuits
Buy the right umbrella policy — discover the advantages, and coordinate your policies to cover the gaps
Manage life, health, and disability risks — explore individual and group policies, understand Medicare basics, and evaluate long-term disability and long-term-care insurance
Open the book and find:
The best life, health, home, and auto policies
Strategies for handling the claims process to get what you deserve
Tips on adjusting your deductible to suit your lifestyle
How to navigate healthcare policies
Ways to reduce your risk and your premiums
Common traps and loopholes
Considerations for grads, freelancers, and remote workers
你被保险吓倒？不要害怕 - 这很容易理解的指南解释了一切你需要知道，在从获得最好的价格最覆盖率与调节，申请索赔，并多了。无论您是个人或商业保险的时候，您会看到如何避免常见的错误，降低成本，并获得在索赔时你应得的。
Do you need help with time management? Need to better manage your time at work or at home? Feel like there are never enough hours in the day? Successful Time Management For Dummies delivers practical solutions for getting organized, working better and faster, reducing stress, and getting rid of time-wasting distractions. You’ll find out how to eliminate late nights at the office and spend more time with your family, friends, or even just yourself!
This authoritative, plain-English guide shows you how to set yourself up for success, overcome common time management obstacles, and focus your efforts on your most important tasks and objectives. It explains how to determine the value of your time, provides fantastic tips on streamlining your workspace to speed up the flow, and even helps you minimize or eliminate interruptions from your workday. You’ll discover how to:
* Assess your strengths and weaknesses and establish goals
* Create a routine and make the most of time-saving technology
* Prioritize daily efforts, block off time, plug in to-do items
* Grasp the time-equals-money concept and boost your hourly income
* Create an environment that fosters solid focus and establish boundaries
* Eliminate time-wasting behaviors and promote time-efficient habits
* Reduce stress and anxiety
* Say goodbye late nights at the office and enjoy your leisure time more
If you’re starting a new business or planning your business’s future, there are plenty of things you should take into account. Strategic Planning For Dummies covers everything you need to know to develop a plan for building and maintaining a competitive advantage — no matter what business you’re in.
Written by Erica Olsen, founder and President of a business development firm that helps entrepreneurial-minded businesses plan for a successful future, this handy guide covers all the basics, including:
* How a strategic plan is different than a business plan
* Establishing a step-based planning process
* Planning for and encouraging growth
* Taking a long-view of your organization
* Evaluating past performance
* Defining and refining your mission, values, and vision
* Sizing up your current situation
* Examining your industry landscape
* Setting your strategic priorities
* Planning for unknown contingencies
If you’re in business, you have to plan for everything — especially if you intend your business to grow. Whether you’re planning for a small business, large conglomerate, nonprofit, or even a government agency, this book has the planning specifics you need for your organization. Step-by-step, you’ll learn how to lay the foundations for a plan, understand how your plan will affect your business, form planning teams, discover what your strengths are, see where you are, and, finally, plan where you’re going. And there’s much more:
* Learn to analyze business trends that will determine your business’s future
* Set measurable, realistic goals that you can plan for and achieve
* Make strategic planning a habitual part of the organization
* Prioritize multiple strategies that you can implement simultaneously
* Set a defining vision for the organization that guides all your planning and strategy