New to InDesign? Making the switch from QuarkXPress®? No worries - this easy-to-follow guide shows you how to master this electronic publishing tool, customize the interface, work with objects and graphics, calibrate color, create PDF files, and more. From pages, panels, and pictures to text, tabs, and tables, you'll design and output like a pro every time!
* Set up a new publication
* Create and use master pages
* Add frames, lines, and colors
* Manage chapters and books
* Output your files
* Import and place pictures
# Offered by Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Sony, and other leading camera manufacturers, the Camera Raw format lets photographers create high-resolution "digital negatives"-uncompressed, unprocessed images that they can then manage and convert using Photoshop
# Cameras featuring Camera Raw capabilities are now priced as low as $300
# This book explains what Camera Raw is, why serious amateur and professional photographers need it, and how to make the most of it using Photoshop's powerful Camera Raw plug-in
# Topics covered include evaluating and working with Camera Raw images, harnessing Photoshop Camera Raw tools, using metadata, understanding color, and correcting images
Ever visited a knockout Web site and wondered, “How did they do that?” Wonder no more. Odds are, they did it with Dreamweaver. Completely updated to give you the scoop on all the cool new tools in the latest version, Dreamweaver 8 For Dummies will have you designing dynamite Web sites in no time. In fact, by Chapter 2 you’ll dive right into setting up your Web site, creating your first Web page, and adding text images and links. This guide starts with basic Web page design features and progresses to the more advanced options for DHTML and database-driven sites, with step-by-step instructions for every function plus lots of screen shots. It walks you though:
* A tour of the desktop, covering the toolbars, menu options, the Insert bar, the Document window, the Properties inspector, the Vertical Docking panels, and more
* Popular features such as sophisticated template capabilities and Library items Tracing images, the Quick Tag Editor, Design Notes, and the History palette
* Making the most of Dreamweaver’s site management features, including a Testing Server, the Check IN/Out feature, integrated e-mail, Design Notes, Site Map Layout and more
* Using HTML tables to create page layouts
* 14 different benefits of using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and how to capitalize on them
Dreamweaver 8 For Dummies includes tips to save you time and money so you can create a Web site that makes a big impression without spending big bucks. Whether you’re a beginner who wants to get started or an experienced pro who wants to enhance your skills…whether you want something simple like a site to promote a quaint bed & breakfast or something wild to catapult your rock band to the big time, Dreamweaver gives you the tools and this guide helps you make the most of them. When you’re ready to tackle more complex sites, it covers:
* Using Fireworks with Dreamweaver to automate your workflow, optimize graphics for Web use, and create sophisticated animations, fancy rollovers, and special effects
* Showing off with multimedia: creating Flash buttons and text; adding Flash movie files; working with sound and video files; getting familiar with Java and ActiveX control
* Integrating forms into dynamic, interactive sites and creating shopping cart systems, guest books, contact forms, search engines, chat rooms, and more
* Building a simple database-driven site
* E-commerce basics
At last, there's a better way to manage your virtual shoebox full of digital images! Photoshop Album helps you store, sort, and show off your photos in dozens of creative ways. This book gets you started, helps you import and improve your pictures, shows you cool new ways to share them, and much more.
# AutoCAD 2007 features a new 3D rendering engine that greatly enhances the program's 3D functionality-and makes this industry-standard drafting program even more difficult to master, even for veteran users
# This focused For Dummies workbook gives people the practice they need to get up to speed on the new 3D features, with dozens of problems and step-by-step solutions for modeling, shadowing, and lighting
# Topics covered by the problems include 2D geometric construction, 3D solid modeling, 3D surface modeling, rendering and imaging, dimensioning and drafting, and model interchange
# Used by architects, engineers, and draftspeople, AutoCAD is the #1 computer-aided design (CAD) software in the world, with an installed base of 6.7 million users
Use this book to learn how you can, at little or no expense, make virtually any movie using Machinima. The authors guide you from making your first Machinima movie to a grounding in both conventional filmmaking and Machinima technology that will let you tackle very complex film projects.
The book focuses on the following Machinima platforms:
* The Sims 2: Arguably the most popular Machinima platform of all time, The Sims 2 allows you to tell stories ranging from romance to noir action.
* World Of Warcraft: Tell your own tales of heroism in the world of Azeroth, following in the footsteps of award-winning Machinima creators and even the makers of South Park.
* Medieval 2: Total War - This astonishing new game allows you to create Lord of the Rings-scale medieval battle films using just a home computer!
* MovieStorm: For the first time, unleash the power of Machinima as a professional user using a fully-featured, fully-licensed commercial Machinima platform.
*中世纪2：全面战争 - 这个惊人的新游戏允许你创建魔戒规模中世纪的战斗
Love Manga? The newest features of Manga Studio help you bring your ideas to life! The tools available in the latest version of this powerful program make it easy to turn your computer into your drawing board, and Manga Studio For Dummies makes it easy to get started.
Discover how to use Manga Studio to begin creating comics in manga or Western styles, add color to your creations, and share them with your adoring public. It’s a breeze once you know your way around the program. Manga may have begun in Japan, but Manga Studio For Dummies is written in plain English, and shows you how to:
* Build and use page templates
* Rough in your comic with penciling techniques
* Work 100% digital, or use a combination of digital and traditional tools if you prefer
* Work with layers, rulers, and panels
* Add speech bubbles and sound effects text
* Ink your work and add tones
* Prepare your creations for print or distribution on the Web
# Published in conjunction with the next version of Paint Shop Pro software, this easy-to-use reference shows how to edit photos and create high-quality, professional-looking graphics
# Covers how to capture images from a variety of different media-paper, camera, and screen
# More advanced topics include retouching, adjusting colors, creating artistic effects, adding layers of text and shapes, masking layers, and creating Web images
# A sixteen-page color insert features before-and-after image edits and graphics highlighting the visual effects that people can achieve
Have designs on better-looking publications? Here’s how to make them happen!
Whether you’re an experienced designer or just want to create a cool newsletter for the school soccer team, InDesign is the gold standard for desktop publishing programs. This easy-to-follow guide is packed with tips and techniques for making the most of InDesign’s features, along with some wise advice on designing pages that do their job perfectly.
* Make it work for you — explore the new tools, take advantage of personal workspaces, and set preferences for the way you work
* Master the details — take advantage of precise typography, layout, and graphics tools to get exactly the document you want
* Add color — use color libraries, multi-ink colors, and gradients to make your document sparkle
* Play well with others — learn how InDesign works seamlessly with other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite
* Get in style — take text and object formatting up a notch by using styles and InDesign’s many special effects
* Be Web savvy — use hyperlinks, multimedia elements, and more for Web, PDF, and Flash files
* Pack it up — prepare for printing or other output with enhanced preflighting and service-bureau tools
Open the book and find:
* Steps for designing and producing professional page layouts
* How to open and save documents and export document content
* The ins and outs of working with text
* Steps for managing chapters and books
* Secrets for setting up great master pages
* The dangers of unnamed colors
* How to manipulate, organize, and align design objects
* Tips for cropping and positioning graphics
傻瓜Indesign CS4帮助您掌握细节，精密排版了解布局优势，和图形工具，添加颜色 - 使用颜色库，制作专业的页面布局 等等
As the industry standard in professional layout and design, InDesign delivers powerful publishing solutions for magazine, newspaper, and other publishing fields. This introductory book is an easy-to-understand reference for anyone migrating from another software application or those with little-to-no desktop publishing experience. You’ll explore InDesign basics and examine the enhancements to the latest version, while you also discover how pages work, build templates, create frames and shapes, manage styles, and much more.
* InDesign is proving to be an increasingly popular layout and design application; the latest version includes new functionality and enhanced tools
* Teaches all the basics for first-time users, including how to open and save your work, arrange objects, work with color, edit text, manage styles, finesse character details, add special type, import and size graphics, set paths, work with tabs, create indices, and more
* Demonstrates how to calibrate colors, export PDF files, fine-tune paragraph details, create frames and shapes, manipulate objects, and work with automated text
Previous editions of this For Dummies guide have sold more 650,000 copies. Richly illustrated in full color, this edition covers all the updates in the newest version of Photoshop, the gold standard for image-editing programs. Used by professional photographers, graphic designers, and Web designers as well as hobbyists, Photoshop has more than four million users worldwide.
* Photoshop is the image-editing software preferred by professional photographers and designers around the world; the latest version includes new functionality and enhanced tools
* Teaches all the basics for first-time users, including how to work with the menus, panels, tools, options, and essential shortcuts
* Covers how to fix red-eye, remove blemishes and wrinkles, remove people or objects from a photo, adjust brightness, improve color, add shadows and highlights, work with Camera Raw, decrease digital noise, create composite images, use channels and masks, optimize images for the Web, and much more
Nobody ever said AutoCAD was easy, which is why you need AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT 2009 All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies! These nine minibooks cover all the stuff you need to know to set up AutoCAD for 2D or 3D, create drawings, modify and share them, publish your work, and more. There’s even a minibook devoted to increasing your options with AutoCAD LT!
This one-stop guide to creating great technical drawings using AutoCAD 2009 shows you how to navigate the AutoCAD interface, set up drawings, use basic and precision tools, and use drawing objects. You’ll learn how to annotate your drawings, use dimensioning and hatching, and work with AutoCAD’s new Annotation Scaling feature. You’ll also find out how to work with solids, texture surfaces, add lighting, and much more. Discover how to
* Navigate the AutoCAD interface
* Work with lines, shapes, and curves
* Add explanatory text
* Understand AutoCAD LT’s limitations
* Render your drawings
* Create and manage blocks
* Use AutoCAD advanced drafting techniques
* Comply with CAD management and standards
* Share your work with others
* Customize the AutoCAD interface, tools, and more
AutoCAD中从来没有人说很容易，这就是为什么你需要AutoCAD和AutoCAD LT2009 这本傻瓜书！在此，傻瓜教您设立二维或三维AutoCAD，创建绘图，修改使用基本的和精密的工具，表面纹理，增加照明，等等
Turn your ideas into diagrams and drawings with Visio's stencils and templates
If you have an idea you want to get down on electronic paper, Visio 2007 is for you, and so is this book! They're both flexible and user-friendly. Here's how to use Visio to capture ideas from simple to intricate, update data in a drawing with a single click, add and manipulate text, work with connectors, and more.
Discover how to
* Create business, engineering, software, or network diagrams
* Format an entire drawing using themes
* Analyze "what-if" scenarios with PivotDiagrams
* Produce layered multipage drawings
* Save drawings to publish on the Web
Microsoft Office Visio 2007 是微软公司出品的一款的软件，它有助于 IT 和商务专业人员轻松地可视化、分析和交流复杂信息。它能够将难以理解的复杂文本和表格转换为一目了然的 Visio 图表。该软件通过创建与数据相关的 Visio 图表（而不使用静态图片）来显示数据，这些图表易于刷新，并能够显著提高生产率。使用 Office Visio 2007 中的各种图表可了解、操作和共享企业内组织系统、资源和流程的有关信息。
The secrets of digital image editing - explained in plain English!
Photoshop CS3 is a powerhouse, and here's the fast and easy way to get up to speed on all the coolest features. This friendly guide helps you get images into Photoshop - and then turn them into dazzling works of art. You'll see how to work in the right file formats, master the Brushes palette, get creative with filters, convert color to grayscale, and more!
* Adjust brightness, improve color, and fix flaws
* Take advantage of the Raw file format
* Composite images with layers and blending modes
* Automate your tasks with scripts and Actions
* Apply the new Smart Filters to Smart Objects
With Adobe Flash CS4 For Dummies as your guide, you can unleash your creativity and contribute to the “Flash”-iest showcase of dynamic content: the Web! You’ll beecome acquainted with Flash CS4 and learn when to use this popular Web development tool. Plus, you’ll discover what you can create, from animation to games to presentations.
This full color edition gives you the opportunity to get acquainted with Flash CS4, discover all the possibilities, and become familiar with the new tools. You’ll be able to create dynamic content, adapt the program’s features to suit your development needs, publish your Flash files to the Web, and showcase your creativity and newly acquired skills. You’ll discover how to create graphics, text, and layers, make animations, add sound and video, and optimize your files for download. Find out how to:
* Draw and edit images, create effects, and use layers
* Building layers, manipulate objects, and add buttons
* Animate figures and add interactive features
* Understand the basics of colors, frame rates, and graphics
* Incorporate video and sound files
* Publish your files to the Web
使用傻瓜Adobe Flash CS4作为你的向导，你可以如何创建图形，文字，调整层次，动画，加入声音和视频，以及优化你的下载文件。了解如何：
Illustrator 10 For Dummies covers the latest updates to Adobe Illustrator, including Web graphic tools and new effects you can apply to your images. The book also covers several timesaving shortcuts, creating brilliant graphics, exporting artwork to other applications, and printing your projects like a pro. Discover how to create curves, add transparency to elements, develop professional looking logos, and use layer effects. Packed with great information and plenty of humor, Illustrator 10 For Dummies is the fun and easy ticket to becoming an Illustrator expert with out any of the pain.
If you're just learning AutoCAD, this friendly, For Dummies guide is perfect for you. You’ll get up to speed on all the basics and start creating 2D and 3D technical drawings sooner than you might imagine. Learn how to create a basic drawing, use AutoCAD Design Center, edit your drawings, work with dimensions, add text, and much more. The book is straightforward, easy to follow, and includes practical tips and notes that demystify this complex software even further.
* Gets you quickly up to speed on AutoCAD "X," the leading technical drawing software from Autodesk
* Covers how to create a basic drawing, use AutoCAD Design Center, edit your drawings, use blocks, work with dimensions, add text, and draw on the Internet
* Includes updates on the latest features in AutoCAD “X” focusing on those that matter most to beginners
* Uses the popular For Dummies approach, which breaks down this intimidating topic into helpful, practical advice and how-tos for real people