The ideal guide for beginning DSLR camera users, with full-color examples of what you can achieve
Make the most of your Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, or Olympus digital SLR camera! This guide explains the different lenses, the many settings and how to use them, the results you can get from using different controls, how to use lighting and exposure, and much more.
If you haven't purchased your camera yet, you'll also find tips on choosing a camera and accessories. And you'll find out how to make your pictures even better with Photoshop.
* Updated for all the newest camera models
* Introduces you to all the features common to DSLR cameras
* Illustrated with more than 300 full-color photos and screen shots
* Shares tips on composition, lighting and exposure controls, and file formats
* Explains Adobe Photoshop and how to create fine prints from your photos
* Offers advice on improving your photos and where to find help
The new Canon EOS Rebel XS is designed to capture the perfect photos. But if you’re new to SLRs, digital photography can be a bit intimidating. Canon EOS Rebel XS/1000D For Dummies shows you how to get the most out of this digital camera, taking advantage of its 10.1 megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC III image processor.
This book offers explanations of all the controls and menus, suggestions to make using lenses a breeze, and picture-taking advice to give you the confidence to start shooting fantastic photos. You’ll learn to manage aperture, shutter speed, and ISO, and work with the Auto Lighting Optimizer to enhance your creativity. You’ll also discover how to:
* Handle and manipulate lenses
* Get creative with exposure, lighting, and color balance
* Download, organize, print, and share your photos
* See how to use the Live View mode, adjust settings, and get great shots in automatic or manual mode
* Use Autofocus with Live View, set white balance, and choose a color space
* Work with Canon’s downloading tools, prepare images for print, and create Web-friendly files
* Get great photos in automatic modes
* Follow ten speedy editing tricks
* Avoid motion blur and noise
* Check focus by magnifying the view
* Capture action, scenic vistas, and close-ups
* Print from rhe ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser
新的佳能EOS rebel XS是为了拍摄完美的照片，傻瓜会告诉您如何
Congratulations — you've chosen to take greater control over your photos with a dSLR camera! Now get expert advice on making the most of your Nikon D3000. Learn how to use its many settings, how to get the best results in automatic mode, when to use the built-in flash, how to produce prints that look as good as they do on your monitor, and more.
Lenses, modes, and more — learn to attach and remove lenses, set the focus mode, and use all the controls
Quality control — discover how to get the best picture quality and solve common image problems
Cultivate creativity — explore automatic Scene modes and then step up to full control with manual exposure modes
Processing your pictures — download your images to yourcomputer, process RAW files, and organize your photos
Share — find out how to get perfect prints, optimize photos for e-mailing, and create a digital slide show
Open the book and find:
Details about every camera option
Answers to common photography questions
Secrets for capturing great action shots
Pro techniques for photographing people and pets
Ways to avoid red-eye and other photo problems
Fun effects you can add with your camera
When to use JPEG and when to use RAW
Simple explanations of f-stops, shutter speed, ISO, and other photo terms
A full-color guide to the art of digital portrait photography
Portrait photography entails taking posed photographs of individuals or set scenery and is the most common photo style among the most novice photography hobbyist to the most advanced photographer. With this easy-to-understand guide, bestselling author and professional photographer Doug Sahlin walks you through the best techniques for getting professional-quality digital portraits.
Packed with hundreds of full-color photos and screen shots, this book discusses best practices for taking formal portraits, wedding photos, event photos, casual photos, and more. You'll examine the difference between using the built-in flash and natural lighting and take a look at the benefits of upgrading to a photo lighting kit and pro backdrop.
* Portrait photography is the most popular style of photography
* Features helpful information for everyone from beginner hobbyists to advanced photographers
* Shares insider tips for selecting equipment and choosing from the various tools for portrait photography
* Walks you through working with a wide range of subjects, including children, pets, and wildlife
* Discusses lighting and editing images
* Takes a look at ways to create a portrait that is suitable for framing
So you have a camcorder and visions of being the next Spielberg. But how do you progress from shooting so-so footage to showing your own finished movie? Digital Video For Dummies, 4th Edition gives you the know-how and the show-how! Find out how to shoot and edit great movies, using iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, or Adobe Premiere Elements to add the finishing touches like special effects and your own soundtrack. With the latest information and lots of illustrations and screen shots, this friendly guide walks you through:
* Getting your computer ready to work with digital video (complete with information about FireWire)
* Choosing a camcorder, including features to look for and features that are useless
* Digitizing old VHS videotapes to preserve memories
* Purchasing other movie making gear, including audio and lighting equipment
* Shooting better video, with tips on lighting, panning, using the zoom, and recording better audio
* Creating your own sound effects such as footsteps, bones breaking, fire, thunder, insects buzzing, and more
* Capturing digital video using iMovie, Windows Movie Marker, or Premiere Elements
* Editing, including understanding timecode, organizing and previewing clips, and assembling clips in Storyboard and Timeline
* Adding transitions, titles, and special effects
* Importing and integrating video from phones and digital cameras
* Using audio rubberbands in iMovie, Premiere Elements, and other editing programs
* Adding narration, importing and working with CD audio, and adding a music soundtrack
你有一个摄像机，想成为下一个斯皮尔伯格么？了解如何拍摄和编辑的大片，使用iMovie的Windows Movie Maker或Adobe Premiere Elements补充喜欢自己的特殊效果和配乐的收尾工作。
You’ve decided to upgrade from your old point-and-shoot by purchasing the compact and economical Nikon D60, an SLR model without all the bulk. Now, make the most of your new digital camera by actually learning how to use all those options and settings! Take advantage of external controls and learn how to navigate the camera menus to fully customize internal options so that you can capture, share, and print photographs like a professional.
You’ll find out how to understand the controls, navigate the menus, choose your settings, access internal options, and become familiar with automatic modes. You’ll learn to use the Image Quality and Image Size settings, which are necessary for both automatic and manual picture-taking. Then, you can easily express your creativity by managing aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and editing your photographs on a computer. You will download photos and print them to share with your friends and family! You will find out how to:
* Master camera controls
* Use automatic and manual modes
* Change, focus, and zoom lenses
* Adjust picture quality and resolution
* Manipulate exposure and lighting
* Work with picture files
* Print and share photos
Hybrids offer the flexibility of interchangeable lenses and a large sensor in a smaller body. The Olympus E-PL1 lightens your load without sacrificing shooting power and this fun and friendly guide helps you better understand your camera's controls, features, and potential. Veteran author Julie Adair King presents you with examples on how to use your camera's main functions in order to create effective and memorable digital photos.
* Explains how to work with lenses and shoot in auto mode
* Covers the on-board controls and situational shooting
* Addresses manipulating focus and color controls
* Discusses printing, posting online, and other ways to share images
奥林巴斯E - PL1的拍摄
The Canon EOS Rebel T1i is the newest camera offered in Canon's popular Rebel line of digital SLRs-and sells for less than $900. Packed with page after page of full-color images, this hands-on guide is aimed at helping you make the most of the Canon T1i's controls and shooting modes. Get ready to maximize the camera's main functions in order to create effective digital photos.
Bestselling author Julie Adair King brings her expertise in the areas of digital cameras and photography and combines it with her fun and friendly writing style to offer you helpful explanations and advice. Plus, examples walk first-time users of a digital SLR camera through the basic features as well as the software that accompanies the camera.
* Selling for under $900, the Canon EOS Rebel T1i is a consumer-friendly digital camera, ideal for first-time owners
* Shows you how to shoot in auto mode, use live view and playback modes, and explore the on-board controls
* Demonstrates techniques for dialing in exposure and lighting controls, manipulating focus and color controls, and handling situational shooting
* Covers printing, posting online, and other ways to share images
佳能EOS Rebel T1i是一个消费者友好的数码相机
Your Nikon D90 digital camera offers professional-quality features like 11-point autofocus, Live View, and the ability to shoot HD video. Take full advantage of every feature with Nikon D90 For Dummies! This fun and easy guide helps you understand and use all the dials and modes, manage photo size and quality, take creative control with manual settings, and share your images in print or online.
With this full-color book, getting great shots is a snap. You’ll learn to:
* Format memory cards, use Live View, create custom settings, and change lenses
* Use thumbnail and calendar displays and picture data, and get tips for inspecting your photos
* Control aperture, shutter speed, and ISO; work with active D-lighting; and use various flash modes
* Take control of lighting, exposure, and color
* Set up, shoot, and review photos using the viewscreen
* Record HD video, including sound, and know what your D90 can and can’t do
* Download, organize, and archive your images, share them in prints, e-mails, or slide shows, and use Nikon’s photo management software
* Decide when you should use JPEG and when to use NEF
* Adjust resolution for optimum print quality or file size
The Canon Digital Rebel XTi/400D is an ideal camera for first-time digital SLR users. Unfortunately if you don't know photography lingo you might find yourself never veering from your camera's default settings and into all the cool features that help you take outstanding photos. This book takes care of that problem. Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D For Dummies comes to the aid of new and inexperienced XTi/400D users by walking them through all the features of their camera. The book not only explains that camera's controls, but also demonstrates how each feature contributes to creating great photos. Illustrated with hundreds of full-color photos, this guide helps you get up-to-speed on the XTi/400D and in control of this popular camera.
If you’re as excited as we are about the Rebel XSi/450D, you probably can’t wait to start shooting. Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D For Dummies will show you how to make every shot count! Even if you’re new to digital SLR cameras or are unfamiliar with general photography terms and techniques, this handy guide will show you how to feel comfortable with the controls and start taking beautiful photographs.
Don’t worry if you’ve never heard the words aperture, white balance, or ISO. You’ll soon be switching easily between automatic and manual modes, managing exposure, and using the all-important Quality setting! You’ll learn everything about the lenses, from how to choose the ones you need to how to handle them. You’ll finally know how to push just the right buttons to achieve the results that you desire. In a snap, you will find out how to unleash your creativity by manipulating exposure and lighting. You will find out how to:
* Control picture quality
* Adjust resolution for image quality and size
* Shoot in automatic and manual modes
* Review photos using Playback Mode and the histogram, delete unwanted photos, and protect valuable photos from accidental deletion
* Manipulate exposure, color, focus, and lighting
* Download, organize, archive, print, and share photos with family and friends
With all the recent advancements in filmmaking technology, more people than ever are trying their hand at filmmaking. Keeping up with the newest information in this booming field, this updated edition of Filmmaking For Dummies features up-to-the-minute coverage of the latest and greatest hardware, software, accessories, and trends--including high-definition technology and new outlets for films such as YouTube and MySpace. It demystifies the nuts-and-bolts of filmmaking, from developing a project and securing financing to hiring a cast and crew, editing, and getting distribution. This new edition also provides new movie examples and updated contacts and resources. Whether people want to become professional filmmakers or simply shoot quality home movies, this practical guide has all the advice and tips needed to succeed.
So you want to be a screenwriter? Whether you want to write a feature film or a TV script or adapt your favorite book, this friendly guide gives you expert advice in everything from creating your story and developing memorable characters to formatting your script and selling it to the studios. You get savvy industry tips and strategies for getting your screenplay noticed!
* The screenwriting process from A to Z -- from developing a concept and thinking visually to plotline, conflicts, pacing, and the conclusion
* Craft living, breathing characters -- from creating the backstory to letting your characters speak to balancing dialogue with action
* Turn your story into a script -- from developing an outline and getting over writer's block to formatting your screenplay and handling rewrites
* Prepare for Hollywood -- from understanding the players and setting your expectations to polishing your copy and protecting your work
* Sell your script to the industry -- from preparing your pitch and finding an agent to meeting with executives and making a deal
Open the book and find:
* The latest on the biz, from entertainment blogs to top agents to box office jargon
* New story examples from recently released films
* Tips on character development, a story's time clock, dramatic structure, and dialogue
* New details on developing the nontraditional screenplay -- from musicals to animation to high dramatic style
* Expanded information on adaptation and collaboration, with examples from successful screenwriting duos
Digital Photography Lighting For Dummies features the tools, concepts, and steps you need to give your subjects a high-quality look and feel. Everyone from advanced beginners to aspiring professional photographers will improve their understanding of lighting basics as well as the parts and functions of their camera.
* Explains the different kinds of lighting that different situations require and guides you through changing the settings on your camera
* Shows you how to set up equipment to capture the photograph you want with the proper amount of light and shadow
* Offers information on the latest lighting equipment and accessories
* Includes techniques and skills used by film photographers like David Bailey, Ansel Adams, and Annie Leibovitz
A fun, full-color guide to creating, editing, dressing up, and sharing home movies using iMovie and iDVD
Make home movies 21st Century style, complete with special effects, themes, backgrounds, and other elements you can add yourself when you know how to use iMovie and iDVD. This fun and friendly guide makes it easy!
iMovie and iDVD are preloaded on every new Mac. Especially if you're new to the Mac, you'll appreciate how iMovie '09 & iDVD '09 For Dummies walks you through every step, starting with transferring footage from your camcorder to your computer. You'll learn to use all the features and put your finished product on DVD for others to enjoy.
* Explains how to transfer movie clips to the computer from a camcorder or digital camera
* Covers all the features of both iMovie '09 and iDVD '09
* Shows how to use the new Project Library, editing effects, transitions, image stabilization, and Precision Editor
* Guides you through the cover flow interface, image stabilization, image effects, maps and backgrounds, and themes
* Provides step-by-step directions for creating multimedia DVDs
* Illustrated in beautiful full color
So you’ve made the jump to digital photography and you’re having a ball with your new camera, right? Now, you’re wondering just what it would take to make your photos a little more than just snapshots. Well, Digital Art Photography For Dummies is a great place to find out!
You’ll not only discover great new ideas, you’ll see the effects in full color. This book will help you
* Get fabulous, well-exposed photos, no matter what your shooting conditions may be
* Tweak, edit, and enhance your images to create something a lot better than what you started with, or maybe something entirely new
* Produce gallery-worthy art prints that people are willing to pay for
* Find out if it’s time to upgrade your computer to handle graphics work
Sound like fun? This plain-English guide makes it easy, too! You’ll find out just what makes a picture artistic, how to plan and set up a good photo shoot, what kinds of tools are available in Photoshop to help you enhance or even completely revamp an image, and how to be sure that what comes out of your printer meets all your expectations. Best of all, this book is jam-packed with full-color images that show you just what you can produce. You’ll find out how to
* Select the right digital equipment
* Shoot in color, black-and-white, and at night
* Choose subject matter that fits your style
* Understand and use your camera’s settings to get the best shots
* Photograph landscapes, people, action, and just about anything else
* Create special effects in Photoshop
* Improve the quality of your photos or turn them into true works of art
* Mat and frame your work for maximum effect
The inexpensive Flip Video camera is currently one of the hottest must-have gadgets. It's portable and connects easily to any computer to transfer video you shoot onto your PC or Mac. Although the Flip Video camera comes with a quick-start guide, it lacks a how-to manual, and this full-color book fills that void! Packed with full-color screen shots throughout, Flip Video For Dummies shows you how to shoot the best possible footage in a variety of situations. You'll learn how to transfer video to your computer and then edit it and share your Flip Video movies.
* Walks you through the basics of using a Flip Video camera and connecting it to your Mac or PC
* Explains how to shoot footage indoors, outdoors, and even underwater
* Covers editing video footage using FlipShare, Windows Movie Maker, or iMovie
* Shows you how to share Flip Video movies or upload them to YouTube, Facebook, and other sites
* Shows digital photo enthusiasts how to ensure that the color in an image file is accurately represented and reproduced, from camera or scanner to monitor or printer
* Packed with color management solutions that will help novices create picture-perfect images
* Discusses the main components of color management including understanding light, matching digital images to displays and prints, working with color spaces, calibrating a printer, and using color management tools
* Familiarizes readers with the various color management tools that help calibrate consistent picture quality
Digital Photo Projects For Dummies presents a unique twist on understanding the basics of digital photography. This full-color book walks you through the most common projects and tasks you’ll encounter in your digital photography activities. The book demonstrates the basics of setting your camera for the best shot before diving into how to improve your photos. Projects include brightening a dark photo, improving focus, getting rid of red-eye, touching up blemishes, creating a collage, adding a photo to a business card, rescuing old or damaged photos, and turning a photo into a piece of artwork ready for framing.