Set up your BlackBerry Bold, get online, get organized, and manage your life
The BlackBerry is the number one smartphone in the corporate world. Feature-rich and complex, the Bold is among the most popular handhelds for business users.
BlackBerry Bold For Dummies covers the GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile streaming, HSDPA network speed, Media Sync, and dozens of other features that make BlackBerry Bold the #1 choice of workers on the go.
Shows how to use the QWERTY keyboard and send and receive e-mail and PIN to PIN messages
Explains how to manage your calendar, appointments, and contacts on the Bold
Provides tips on taking photos, making phone calls, using the Media Player, and surfing the Web
Covers interconnecting applications, syncing with your desktop, and getting where you’re going using BlackBerry Maps and GPS
Includes practical information about power usage as well as tips on navigating the Bold interface
Demonstrates using the enhanced BlackBerry Messenger feature to instant message, chat with groups, check availability of your contacts, and track delivery of your messages
黑莓黑体涵盖了GPS和Wi - Fi，移动流媒体，高速HSDPA网络，媒体同步，以及使在旅途黑莓Bold工人＃1选择的其他功能，数十种。
See how to use Skype for secure chats and connect SkypeOut and SkypeIN. Here's the fun and easy way ® to understand all the hype about Skype and make this cool alternative communication system work for you! You'll get great advice about hardware, directions for downloading and installing Skype, ideas for using Skype in your business, and the lowdown on making Skype calls to people with old-fashioned phones.
Discover how to:
Install Skype and start making calls
Create a contacts list
Set up voicemail and call forwarding
Use Skype for worldwide conference calls and Skypecasting
Enhance Skype with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi wireless, and video
It's a perfect fit — Wii gaming fun designed to improve your overall health and fitness! The advice of these two personal trainers makes it even better. You'll learn to use Wii Fit Plus, EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer, and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010. Find out how to create your own individualized workout and watch yourself improve!
What's all this stuff? — set up Wii Fit Plus, EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer, and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010
The right way — learn the safest and most effective way to perform dozens of exercises
Spice it up — explore different types of exercises to keep your routine fresh
Take a deep breath — improve health benefits by learning optimal breathing techniques
Have a heart — strengthen your heart and lungs while enjoying the challenge of sports
A delicate balance — identify routines that improve your balance while strengthening different muscle groups
All season sports — experience volleyball, baseball, boxing, tennis, inline skating, and basketball right in your living room
Keep it interesting — vary your workout by moving among the featured games
The perfect full-color guide to the iPod touch for both Mac and Windows users
Your iPod touch can do so many things. With this full-color guide, you can get hip to all your iPod touch has to offer and take full advantage of the iTunes store and the App Store, as well.
You'll start by learning how to manage the multi-touch interface and setting up iTunes. Then you'll discover how to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, receive and send e-mail, get directions and use maps, play games, download and watch movies, shop for cool new apps at the App Store, and much more.
Starts with the basics of setting up and using the iPod touch, richly illustrated in full color
Covers listening to music, synchronizing your data, working with the calendar, setting up iTunes, and getting online via Wi-Fi
Shows how to send and receive e-mail, shop for movies and music at the iTunes Store, browse the Web, share photos, download and watch movies and TV shows, and download apps from the App Store
Explains how to use your iPod touch as a portable game console and how to manage your contacts and to-do lists
Also covers protecting your information and troubleshooting
您的iPod touch可以做很多事情。这个全彩指南，你可以充分利用iPod touch和iTunes商店。你会开始学习如何管理多点触摸界面，以及设立的iTunes。然后，你会发现如何连接到通过Wi - Fi无线上网，收发电子邮件，获得行车路线和使用的地图，玩游戏，下载并观看电影，购物，以及更多。
If you love movies, TV, and video games, then you’ve probably thought seriously about investing in a high-definition television set, otherwise known as HDTV. But before you run to your nearest electronic goods store, you should know what you’re investing your hard-earned money in, which TV set is good for you, and other things that will optimize your viewing pleasure.
HDTV for Dummies shows you everything you need to know about buying the right equipment, setting it up, and enjoying all the things you love about TV. It’ll save you tons of confusion over this exciting new technology and tell you everything you need to know about terms, concepts, and the difference between HD and digital. This handy guide gives you the tools you need to:
Get connected with video and audio cables
Hook up your DVD player, VCR, PC, camcorder, and other fun stuff
Mount your HDTV
Receive HDTV programming
Understand the difference between HD DVD and Blu-ray disc players
Record with DVRs and VCRs
Install game consoles like PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii
Enhance your HDTV with audio upgrades
The guide also shows you how to shop smart and lists the best places to buy your HDTV and popular accessories to pump up your system. With up-to-date knowledge on the latest technology in the market today, HDTV for Dummies gives you a clear picture of what HDTV can do for your viewing experience!
How to enjoy a Microsoft Xbox game console without the mindless tedium of playing video games. This book shows you how to open an Xbox, make modifications to it (from a cosmetic LED color change, to putting in a new power supply, to adding a USB connector), and make the changes needed to get Linux running on it.
In the process, readers get an education in reverse engineering electronic circuits, as well as in basic electronic techniques (soldering, crimping, etc) and in the intellectual property law that governs hacker activity.
The App Store allows you to browse and download thousands of applications that were developed with the iPhone SDK and published through Apple. The popularity of iPhone and iPod touch apps is exploding and this handy guide helps you sort through the tens of thousands of available apps so you can find the ones that are ideal for you.
Packed with tips and tricks on how to make the most of each app, this book escorts you through a vast selection of apps and then helps you narrow down the most essential and most entertaining apps for your needs and interests. You'll encounter amazing apps in business, education, entertainment, finance, cooking, nutrition, games, healthcare, news, music, social networking, news, weather, and more.
Helps you sort through the tens of thousands of available apps for the iPhone and iPod touch so you can find what’s right for you
Shares unique tips and tricks for making the most of the apps that appeal to you
Shows you a variety of apps in the fields of weather, news, photography, cooking, entertainment, business, education, healthcare, social networking, sports, and more
Presents information in the straightforward but fun language that defines the For Dummies series
Design small- or large-scale iPhone applications for profit or fun
Create new iPhone apps using Xcode
Get your applications into the App Store
Work with frameworks
Got a good idea? Turn it into an app, have some fun, and pick up some cash!
Make the most of the new 3.1 OS and Apple's Xcode 3.2! Neal Goldstein shows you how, and even illustrates the process with one of his own apps that's currently being sold. Even if you're not a programming pro, you can turn your bright idea into an app you can market, and Neal even shows you how to get it into the App Store!
Mobile is different learn what makes a great app for mobile devices and how an iPhone app is structured
What you need download the free Software Development Kit, start using Xcode, and become an "official" iPhone developer
The nitty-gritty get the hang of frameworks and iPhone architecture
Get busy with apps discover how to make Xcode work for you to support app development
Off to the store get valuable advice on getting your apps into the App Store
Want to go further? explore what goes into industrial-strength apps
Make lights dance to music, play with radio remote control, or build your own metal detector
Who says the Science Fair has to end? If you love building gadgets, this book belongs on your radar. Here are complete directions for building ten cool creations that involve light, sound, or vibrations -- a weird microphone, remote control gizmos, talking toys, and more, with full parts and tools lists, safety guidelines, and wiring schematics.
Microsoft's Xbox now accounts for 37 percent of the game console market, and the new Xbox 360 is due out for the 2005 holiday season, months before Sony's PlayStation 3. When gamers take the new Xbox home, however, they'll soon discover that it's more than a just a game machine-it's a full-fledged home media hub with more power than most PCs. This friendly guide shows how to maximize both gaming and non-gaming features of this amazing machine.
Topics covered include hooking up Xbox 360, taking advantage of HDTV and Dolby capabilities, using built-in digital video recording and wireless functions, storing media files, playing music, and displaying photos
Shows how to have even more fun by taking an Xbox online for massively multiplayer gaming, instant messaging, and more
Discusses the social potential of the Xbox, which people can use to make new friends, join groups and teams, and even throw fantastic parties
Includes tips for securing the Xbox from online threats
Need directions? Are you good at getting lost? Then GPS is just the technology you’ve dreamed of, and GPS For Dummies is what you need to help you make the most of it.
If you have a GPS unit or plan to buy one, GPS For Dummies, 2nd Edition helps you compare GPS technologies, units, and uses. You’ll find out how to create and use digital maps and learn about waypoints, tracks, coordinate systems, and other key point to using GPS technology.
Get more from your GPS device by learning to use Web-hosted mapping services and even how to turn your cell phone or PDA into a GPS receiver. You’ll also discover:
Up-to-date information on the capabilities of popular handheld and automotive Global Positioning Systems
How to read a map and how to get more from the free maps available online
The capabilities and limitations of GPS technology, and how satellites and radio systems make GPS work
How to interface your GPS receiver with your computer and what digital mapping software can offer
Why a cell phone with GPS capability isn’t the same as a GPS unit
What can affect your GPS reading and how accurate it will be
How to use Street Atlas USA, TopoFusion, Google Earth, and other tools
Fun things to do with GPS, such as exploring topographical maps, aerial imagery, and the sport of geocaching
Just got a Nintendo Wii game console? Thinking about one? Wii offers video games, exercise tools, the opportunity to create a cool Mii character, and lot of other entertainment options. Wii For Dummies shows you how to get the most from this fun family game system.
This book shows you how to get physical with Wii Sports, turn game time into family time, make exercise fun with Wii Fit, and discover Wii’s hidden talents, like displaying photos and browsing the Web. You’ll learn how to:
Hook up the Wii to your TV, home entertainment setup, or high-speed Internet connection
Get familiar with Wii’s unique controllers and learn to use the Nunchuk, Balance Board, Wheel, and Zapper
Explore the Wii Channels where you can shop for new games, play games online, check the news, and even watch videos
Create Mii avatars you can share, enter in contests, and use in games
Learn to use your whole body as a controller and get fit while you play
Identify the best games for parties, family events, nostalgia buffs, and even non-gamers
Build your skill at Wii tennis, golf, baseball, bowling, and boxing
Use the Wii Message Board and full-featured Web browser
Nothing can crunch numbers like your TI-83 Plus, and this handy guide makes the crunching easy! In no time you’ll be punching those buttons to convert decimals to fractions, find factorials, compare interest rates, graph and analyze functions and sequences, tame random numbers, manage matrices, and even have your calculator sharing stuff with your PC.
The Dummies Way
Explanations in plain English
"Get in, get out" information
Icons and other navigational aids
Tear-out cheat sheet
Top ten lists
A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
Solve equations and systems of equations
Graph functions, parametric equations, and sequences
Use complex numbers
Multiply, reduce, and solve matrices
Add applications to your calculator
傻瓜电子系列教您轻松使用TI - 83。让您知道如何使用小数转换为分数，阶乘，图形和分析功能和序列，矩阵，等功能
It’s time we cleared the air about ham radio. If you think of it as staticky transmissions sent by people in the middle of nowhere, think again. Today’s ham radio goes beyond wireless to extreme wireless, Operators transmit data and pictures, use the Internet, laser, and microwave transmitters, and travel to places high and low to make contact. In an emergency or natural disaster, ham radio can replace downed traditional communication and save lives. Whether you’re just getting turned on to ham radio or already have your license, Ham Radio for Dummies helps you with the terminology, the technology and the talknology. You discover how to:
Decipher the jargon and speak the language
Buy or upgrade your equipment, including the all-important antennas
Build a ham radio shack, complete with the rig, a computer, mobile/base rig, microphones, keys, headphones, antennas, cables and feedlines
Study for your license, master Morse code, take the test and get your call sign
Understand the basics of ragchews (conversations), nets (organized on-air meetings) and DX-ing (competing in contacts to make contacts)
Keeping logs with the vital statistics, including time (in UTC or World Time), frequency, and call sign
What do you want to put on CDs or DVDs? Whether you need a backup archive for valuable business data or a personalized video library that rocks, you can do it with Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. Follow this handy guide to find the task you want to perform and make it happen, quickly and easily.
你想CD或DVD里面放点什么吗？这本指南教您轻松使用Roxio Easy Media Creator
Did it about kill you when “Cheers” went off the air? Want to make sure you don’t miss an appointment with Dr. Phil? Want to see anything and everything with Jessica Lange, Kate Winslet, or Clint Eastwood? Are your kids really into SpongeBob SquarePants, judo, gorillas, or the Civil War?
TiVo to the rescue. TiVo lets you watch what you want when you want to. You can pause live TV, replay missed high points, skip commercials, and even get TiVo to find and record stuff you’ll be interested in! TiVo For Dummies shows you how, even if you’re one of the millions whose VCR clock is only right twice a day! You’ll discover how to:
Choose the right TiVo for your needs and your TV service
Get an “instant replay” with the click of a button
Use a Season Pass to get TiVo to seek out and record all episodes of a favorite TV show, no matter when they air
Create a WishList so you can turn on whatever turns you on; TiVo will find and record specified TV shows, movie titles, and programs with your favorite actors or directors
Expand your WishList to include topics such as sports (there are 93 subcategories to choose from), opera, car repair, volcanoes, or whatever, and TiVo will record related programming
Use TiVo’s Home Media Option (HMO) to play yourMP3 music files and view digital photos
Fast-forward through commercials, sometimes cutting an hour show to 40 minutes
Use Parental Controls to lock out specific channels or filter individual shows based on content
Do you own a TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, TI-92 Plus, or a Voyage 200 graphing calculator? If you do, or if you need to get one for school or your job, then you need to know how it works and how to make the most of its functions.
TI-89 For Dummies is the plain-English nuts-and-bolts guide that gets you up and running on all the things your TI-89 can do, quickly and easily. This hands-on reference guides you step by step through various tasks and even shows you how to add applications to your calculator. Soon you’ll have the tools you need to:
Solve equations and systems of equations
Evaluate derivatives and integrals
Graph functions, parametric equations, polar equations, and sequences
Create Stat Plots and analyze statistical data
Solve differential equations and systems of differential equations
Transfer files between two or more calculators
Save calculator files on your computer
你是否拥有一个TI - 89，TI-92 Plus，如果你并不了解如何更好的使用它，那么傻瓜TI-89这本全英文指南会告诉您如何用它进行求解方程和微分方程，建立统计和分析统计，进行文件传输等等功能
* Covers the latest hardware and technology developments, including the new Windows Mobile 2003 operating system, for Hewlett-Packard's popular Pocket PC PDA
* Helps Pocket PC newcomers get up to speed and guides veterans through the iPAQ interface
* iPAQ's Windows Mobile 2003 operating system offers improved security and network support, Web browsing, and synchronization for e-mail, calendar, and contacts
* Covers navigating the iPAQ; using the address book; scheduling appointments; creating to-do lists; taking notes; syncing your iPAQ with a home or office computer; using Pocket PC versions of Word, Excel, and Money; connecting to the Internet; accessing e-mail, e-books, music, and much more
From the Back Cover
Get organized with iPAQ’s power -- use Word, Excel, and more
Put your office, your music, e-mail, even the Web in your pocket!
All that power in your pocket might be a little overwhelming, if you didn’t have this friendly book to help you use it! From choosing the iPAQ model that’s right for you to surfing the Net and checking your e-mail, you’ll find out how to get the most from the coolest toy on the block.
Explanations in plain English
"Get in, get out" information
Icons and other navigational aids
Tear-out cheat sheet
Top ten lists
A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:
Keep your calendar
Create pocket spreadsheets and manage money
Sync your iPAQ with other devices
Back up your files
Manage your contacts and address book
Write or record notes
傻瓜教您利用iPaq Windows Mobile 2003系统提供改进的安全和网络支持来进行Web浏览，同步电子邮件，日历和联系人，导航;使用地址簿;记笔记，与家庭或办公室的电脑同步，使用掌上电脑的版本的Word，Excel;连接到互联网;访问电子邮件，电子图书，音乐，等等
The excitement of purchasing a Blackberry Pearl can only be outdone by the confusion of how to use it. How do you check your e-mail? How do you play music and video? What are PIN-to-PIN messages? Where do you find cool stuff to customize your Pearl?
With Blackberry Pearl for Dummies, you’ll discover all the answers to these questions and see how to use your new PDA to its maximum potential. This down-to-earth guide explores all of Pearl’s features and shows you cool ways to make your Pearl your Pearl. Clear, step-by-step instructions explain all the parts of the Pearl and give you the know-how to:
* Get organized with the Address Book, Calendar, and MemoPad
* Manage e-mail and send instant messages
* Surf the Internet
* Dial and receive calls
* Set up your voicemail service
* Take photos and create slideshows
* Access the multimedia player
* Use Desktop Manager
* Protect and secure your Pearl
Whether you’re completely new to iPod and iTunes or you’d like to discover advanced techniques for playing, managing, browsing, buying, and storing music and other files, iPod & iTunes For Dummies, 6th Edition can help you! The iPod and iTunes have revolutionized how we enjoy music, and this bestselling guide has been updated to keep you current. Here’s how to use the newest iPods, set up iTunes on your Mac or PC, purchase music and movies, rip CDs, organize your media library, make the most of digital sound, and so much more!
The latest iPods are much more than just digital music players. Now, surf the Web, rent movies, buy songs and directly download them, send and receive e-mails, store photos, play slideshows, watch videos, and play games. You’ll find information about all iPod models and how to set up iTunes so you can start enjoying your iPod right away. You’ll learn how to:
* Learn how to use the iPod displays and scrolling wheels
* Install iTunes and load your music
* Keep your library organized so you can search, browse, and sort
* Create playlists and burn CDs
* Use your iPod as a hard drive
* Share content legally
* Synchronize your e-mail, contacts, and bookmarks
Feature-rich and complex, the BlackBerry is the number one smartphone in the corporate world is among the most popular handhelds for business users. This new and updated edition includes all the latest and greatest information on new and current BlackBerry mobile devices.
Covering a range of valuable how-to topics, this helpful guide explores the BlackBerry's most useful features, techniques for getting the most out of your BlackBerry, and practical information about power usage.
* Covers all aspects of the number one smartphone in the corporate world—the BlackBerry
* Reviews managing appointments, creating a To Do list, getting online, using e-mail, and taking photos
* Shares navigation tips and shortcuts as well as essential applications for the BlackBerry
* Addresses power usage and consumption
* Advises on how to take advantage of the expandable memory
he iPad is the perfect device for the senior market, combining the Web, e-mail, photos, video, and book reading into an intuitive, portable device. Written by veteran Dummies author Nancy Muir, this fun and friendly guide shows you how to use the many features and capabilities of the iPad to make life easier! You'll learn how to use the multitouch screen to zoom in and out on Web pages and choose a font and size that makes reading comfortable so that you can get directions, plan vacations, enjoy photos, keep in touch with family, obtain financial and legal information, and much more.
* Assumes no prior information or experience and begins with the basics of getting acquainted with your iPad and its features
* Introduces the intuitive touch methodology for interacting, zooming, and scrolling
* Walks you through organizing your calendar, finding and browsing sites, sending e-mails, sharing photos, buying and playing music, and more
* Focuses on subjects that are particularly helpful to seniors, such as getting directions, protecting personal information, setting passwords, maintaining and troubleshooting the iPad, and more
This fun and friendly guide shows you how to navigate the G1’s android interface, make phone calls, view maps, manage contacts, browse the Web, and a whole lot more. Your T-Mobile G1 is so much more than a phone—it’s also an administrative assistant, movie theater, jukebox, mobile office, and several more things all rolled into one device. With T-Mobile G1 For Dummies, you can:
* Find out all about the Android smartphone operating system and what it offers
* Learn your way around the G1’s keyboard, buttons, and touch screen
* See how your G1 connects to both Wi-Fi networks and T-Mobile’s high-speed network
* Surf the Web, download music and picture files, and tweak browser settings
* Send and receive Gmail, get where you’re going with Google Maps, and stay organized with Google Calendar
* Take photos, check out YouTube, and fill your phone with media
* Manage your e-mail and choose which messages will be synced to your phone
* Shop the Android Market and discover more cool apps for your G1
*查看您的G1的Wi - Fi网络和T - Mobile的高速网络
Let Microsoft insiders Brian Johnson and Duncan Mackenzie introduce you to Zune, the exciting new portable media player that plays both audio and video. They explain the numerous entertaining possibilities of Zune, such as transferring a music collection to your Zune, purchasing new music, connecting with friends who share similar taste in music via ZuneLive!, and hooking Zune to your Xbox 360. Additional fun features covered include watching video on Zune, subscribing to podcasts, creating content to share with others, and a preview of upcoming Zune models.
The iPhone and iPad are the hottest techno-gadgets on the market today, and games for it are even hotter. To help you cash in on the trend, this book shows what it takes to create a good iPhone and iPad game and how to get it into the App Store.
Neal Goldstein, leader of an iPhone app startup company, and his co-authors show you how to build a game that will sell, include quality graphics, market your game through the App Store, and more. Whether you're a programming novice or an experienced developer looking to enter the game market, here's how to get going.
* Games for the iPhone are among the hottest apps in Apple's App Store
* Learn to build two game applications – from beginning to end
* Written by successful mobile app developers, this guide begins with how to get started, including downloading the SDK and filling your toolbox
* Covers programming with Objective-C and Cocoa, what makes a good game, graphics, and creating good mobile apps
* Explains how to market your game through the App Store
Nexus One is Google's answer to Apple’s iPhone and RIM's BlackBerry. Covering a range of how-to topics, from the most useful Nexus One features and tricks of the core applications, to techniques to get the most out of the device, Nexus One For Dummies is the practical user's guide to the Google Nexus One smartphone.
* Uses full-color to showcase all the features of the Nexus One, approaching each from the point of view of the user who is new to the technology or discouraged with the scant documentation and online support
* Covers a broad range of topics, from setup and configuration, to texting, emailing, accessing the Internet, synching with a PC, using the camera, and expanding the phone's potential with new software
* Written by the most popular For Dummies author, known throughout the world for his ability to make complex topics easy to understand with his fun and friendly writing style
The iPhone's integrated camera is ideal for snapshots and video on the go. Written by a professional photographer and Mac expert, this handy, full-color guide shows you how to get the most out of your iPhone camera's capabilities. Packed with easy-to-understand coverage on how to shoot and edit great photos and video, this For Dummies book is here to help you take advantage of even the most impromptu photo opportunity.
* Walks you through the exciting capabilities of the iPhone's integrated camera
* Shows you how to get the most from the iPhone's functionality
* Reviews the best iPhone applications for improving and enhancing your photos and acquiring must-have iPhone photography accessories
* Explains how to set up photos, use available lighting, enhance photos digitally, and share photos
The Droid X has landed and it s selling like hotcakes! Ultimate For Dummies author Dan Gookin introduces you to everything the Droid X does. Covering a wide range of how-to topics, this full-color guide explores the device's features and shares techniques to getting the most out of Motorola's exciting smartphone. You ll quickly discover that the Droid X is more than just a cell phone as you walk through setup and configuration, texting, e-mail, accessing the Internet, synching with a PC, using the camera, running multiple apps simultaneously, and expanding the Droid X s potential with new software.
* Dives in to the exciting capabilities and features of Droid X
* Covers setup and configuration, battery care, maintenance, and troubleshooting
* Gets you going with using the Droid X as phone, camera, Internet, calendar, and more
* Walks you through connecting your Droid X to other things, customizing your Droid X, and adding multiple applications that can all run simultaneously
iPad application development is the new gold rush — iPad sales are booming and new apps are arriving daily. Whether you’re a serious programmer new to the iPad or a beginner who wants to get started in app development, this easy-to-follow guide will help you join the party. It begins with the basics about the SDK and becoming a registered Apple developer, looks at how an iPad application runs, and takes you through actually creating two applications step by step.
* The iPad is the hottest-selling device on the market, and the demand for cool iPad apps remains huge
* This guide is perfect for beginners who want to get started developing iPad apps as well as professional programmers new to the iPad SDK
* Explains how to download and use the iPad SDK and how iPad programming differs from iPhone programming
* Tells how to create a great user experience and explains nib files, views, view controllers, interface objects, gesture recognizers, and much, much more
The popularity of the Android market is soaring with no sign of slowing down. The open nature of the Android OS offers programmers the freedom to access the platform's capabilities and this straightforward guide walks you through the steps for creating amazing Android applications. Android programming expert Donn Felker explains how to download the SDK, get Eclipse up and running, code Android applications, and submit your finished products to the Android Market. Featuring two sample programs, this introductory book explores everything from the simple basics to more advanced aspects of the Android platform.
* Takes you soup through nuts of developing applications for the Android platform
* Begins with downloading the SDK, then explains how to code Android applications and submit projects to the Android Market
* Written by Android guru Donn Felker, who breaks every aspect of developing applications for the Android platform into easily digestible pieces
Completely updated and revised throughout, this full-color guide covers Apple's new iPhone and iOS 4. Bestselling veteran authors Baig and LeVitus introduce you to the capabilities of the iPhone whether you're making phone calls, browsing the Internet, sending and receiving e-mails, working with the calendar, watching videos, taking great photos, or much more. You'll discover how to set up iTunes, buy music and videos from the iTunes store, protect your information, troubleshoot, multitask, and download the hundreds of thousands of apps available from the App Store.
* Gets you started with your iPhone, and puts you on your way to mastering the multitouch interface, synchronizing your data, making phone and video calls, texting, working with the calendar, and more
* Explains setting up iTunes, watching videos, taking photos, and buying music
* Walks you through connecting to the Internet, sending and receiving e-mails, getting directions from GPS maps, protecting your information, and troubleshooting
* Addresses browsing and downloading any of the hundreds of thousands of applications from the App Store
* Includes coverage of iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and the iPhone 4, available from AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Rogers, Telus, and other major carriers
Smartphones provide all sorts of communication options as well as the ability to manage your appointments and contacts. If you're new to smartphones, Palm Pre For Dummies gets you up and running easily. If you're a bit more savvy, you can delve deeper into more advanced elements, such as Synergy contact management and working with media.
The Palm Pre offers features that make it a top contender in the smartphone market. Its webOS system is designed for a touchscreen-based graphical user interface that facilitates many exciting new features.
* Palm Pre is a new smartphone specifically engineered for a touchscreen device and loaded with features to maximize the user experience
* This book helps you take advantage of GPS navigation, games on your phone, and media management
* Begins with the basics: turning the phone on, making and receiving calls, and storing contacts
* Covers applications for managing personal information and how Palm Synergy helps manage your communications
* Shows you how to manage and synchronize e-mail accounts, use the calendar, take advantage of Web site resources, and install new webOS applications
* Palm Pre是一个新的智能手机专门设计的触摸屏装置和功能
Windows Phone 7 is the new and improved mobile platform for all Windows smartphones. The new platform has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and this guide walks you through everything that's new, from the look and feel to the underlying code to the revamped home screen and user interface experience. Placing special focus on the features and functionality that is shared across all Windows Phone 7 series models, this fun and friendly book covers a wide range of how-to topics on everything from making simple calls to using your handheld device as a mobile computer.
* Explores the exciting new Windows Phone 7 and the completely revamped platform that will revolutionize the way you experience mobile phone use
* Shows you how to personalize your interface and exchange and sync information with your Windows PC
* Covers how to download, install, and use Mobile Office applications
* Demonstrates creating, downloading, exchanging, and sharing digital media, such as photos, videos, sound, and music files with other mobile device and PC users