Gabriela Montero在巴赫的著名作品上随意地变奏，组成了这张Bach and Beyond。从上世纪50年代起，爵士钢琴家就不断地从巴赫作品中找到灵感，改编、创作出甚至完全大相庭径的风格的作品。但是Montero是古典钢琴家。她用不同的品味与足够的尊意奏出了"Beyond"巴赫，显出一种天才和谐趣。那些把巴赫当作不和玷污的圣塔的人们也许会恼怒，但是我们就可以欣赏一点意外的惊喜了。
I struggle for the words to express how thrilled I am. Ms Montero is resurrecting the art of spontaneous improvisation in the field of classical music. Robert Levine, the Amazon site reviewer, hopefully has listened to the NPR interviews or the podcast and is now aware that Ms Montero did indeed improvise these on the spot. The only preparation lies in the fact that Gabriela Montero has been playing in this spontaneous way since before she was 3 years old! She was given a toy piano when she was 7 months and soon started picking out the songs her mother sang her to sleep with. Her talent today truly is astonishing! Give her a tune or theme never heard before, and she magically weaves a new piece out of it. We have read of Bach, Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, Gershwin all doing this -- it's a wonder and a fresh delight to hear how marvellously she does it for us. Kudos!
Congratulations to Gabriela Montero for develop a great experience and enjoy on some Bach themes, excellent fluid improvisations. Not only an Excellent Piano player but a great musician Gabriela is. I think we like to hear more new music creations than more interpretations. I hope to enjoy more music creations like this CD from Montero and from others with this amazing talent.
the improvisations here are childish and simplistic. Gabriela has taken a great melody and butchered it to make it have commercial appeal. while i'm sure so people will like it, i am confident that over time this CD will be thrown into the dustbin. IT simply isn't worth buying. You will get tired of listening to her interpretations.....
1. J. S. Bach: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring from " Herz und Mund und Tar und Leben" BWV 147
2. J. S. Bach: Presto from Italian Concerto
3. Montero: Beyond Bach
4. J. S. Bach: Air in G - Orchestral Suite #3 BWV 1068
5. J. S. Bach: Aria from Goldberg Variations BWV 988
6. J. S. Bach: Adagio from Violin Concerto No. 2 in E BWV 1042
7. J. S. Bach: Prelude in C BWV 846 from Well Tempered Clavier Book 1
8. J. S. Bach: Sheep May Safely Graze from Hunt Cantata BWV 208
9. J. S. Bach: Two-Part Invention in D Minor BWV 775
10. J. S. Bach: Allegro from Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G BWV 1048
11. J. S. Bach: Adagio from Keyboard Concerto in D Minor BWV 974
12. J. S. Bach: Tocatta in D Minor BWV 565