《基因的分子生物学》(Molecular Biology of the Gene)(James D. Watson & Tania A. Baker & Stephen P. Bell & Alexander Gann & Michael Levine & Richard Losick)[PDF]
作者: James D. Watson / Tania A. Baker / Stephen P. Bell / Alexander Gann / Michael Levine / Richard Losick
定价: USD 129.00
出版社: Benjamin Cummings
每本学生版本会自动包括一张CD和一个访问网站的账号，期待已久的James D. Watson的经典之作第五版终于出版了，该版本已被彻底修订和发布，来配合沃森和克里克发现DNA双螺旋结构的50周年纪念。
Every student package automatically includes a CD-ROM and access to a website containing tutorials, molecular models, and more.
The long-awaited Fifth Edition of James D. Watson's classic text, Molecular Biology of the Gene, has been thoroughly revised and is published to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Watson and Crick's paper on the structure of the DNA double- helix.
Despite being completely updated, the new edition retains the distinctive character of earlier editions that made it the most widely used book in molecular biology. Twenty-one concise chapters, co-authored by five highly respected molecular biologists, provide current, authoritative coverage of a fast-changing discipline. The completely new art is printed in full colour for the first time.
Divided into four parts, the first (Genetics and Chemistry) begins with an overview of molecular biology, placing the discipline in historical context and introducing the basic chemical concepts that underpin our description of molecular biology today. The second part (Central Dogma) forms the heart of the book, describing in detail the basic mechanisms of molecular biology. The third part of the book (Regulation) deals with how gene expression is regulated - from the examination of basic mechanisms that regulate gene expression in bacterial and eukaryotic systems, to a description of how regulation of gene expression lies at the heart of the process of development. Recent findings from sequencing whole genomes of several animals have revealed that they all share essentially the same genes. The last chapter in the regulation section looks at how changes in gene regulation can account for how different animals can be made from the same genes. The final part of the book (Methods) deals with the techniques and methods used in molecular biology.
I. CHEMISTRY AND GENETICS.
1. The Mendelian View of the World.
2. Nucleic Acids Convey Genetic Information.
3. The Importance of Weak Chemical Interactions.
4. The Importance of High Energy Bonds.
5. Weak and Strong Bonds Determine Macromolecular Interactions.
II. CENTRAL DOGMA.
6. The Structures of DNA and RNA.
7. Chromatin and the Nucleosome.
8. The Replication of DNA.
9. The Mutability and Repair of DNA.
10. Homologous Recombination of DNA.
11. Site Specific Recombination and Transposition of DNA.
12. Mechanisms of Transcription.
13. The Processing of RNA.
15. The Genetic Code.
16. Gene Regulation in Prokaryotes.
17. Gene Regulation in Eukaryotes.
18. Gene Regulation in Development.
19. Comparative Genomics and the Evolution of Animal Diversity.
20. Techniques of Molecular Biology.
21. Model Systems: Cells and Viruses.