压缩码率: 160 kbps
发行厂牌: Sire / London/Rhino
曾被DJ杂志选为世界第一的DJ - Paul Oakenfold,对于电子音乐的发展扮演着举足轻重的角色;成长与 North London的他,自小已经非常喜欢音乐,更希望自己的终身职业是关于音乐.长大后,他曾经尝试寄求职信到所有唱片公司应徵,可是没有一封有回音;在失望之下,他便去到纽约定居兼任旅行社的领队.及后,他终于找到一间唱片公司(Arista Records)任职,并受到当地的Club Sence影响.
1987年,他连同当时三位 Night Club的 DJ (Danny Rampling,Johnny Walker及Nicky Holloway)到Ibiza 度假,在当地的"Amnesia" Club内,受到Balearic风格的House 几首次尝到Ecstasy 的影响下,过了一个重要的夜晚,而他们决定把这种音乐带回英国去!
返英后,他在伦敦创立了"The Project",开始致力推动Balearic 音乐到 Uk Club Sence. 之后在多间Club -- "Spectrum","Phuture","Hacienda"等英国早期Acid House 重镇担任驻场DJ.在英国的Club Sence壮大同时,Paul Oakenfold亦成为英国电子跳舞音乐的重要人物,及后他还创立了独立主流厂牌Perfecto,更成为了英国名club "Cream"的驻场DJ达两年,而他的djing对英国主流的Trance影响甚深远.
Paul Oakenfold 曾为Indie-Dance乐队Happy Mondays的作品"Wrote for Luck" 制作remix,并打上流行榜,其后更被邀请制作乐队的大碟: Pills Thrills & Bellyaches,并取得白金销量.而继他们之后,便开始为乐队 The Stone Roses担任 Support DJ,为观众做热身.1993年,更成为乐队U2的世界巡回演唱会的Support DJ,在每次也有90000名以上观众的演唱会做表演,这些经验亦令他毕生难忘.
The Host Of Seraphim by Dead Can Dance blares through the speakers, warming the pinnacle of disk-one's climatic entrance. Then, shortly after a "Majestic" reprieve from female singing, Led Zepplin rocks the house with trance as its background. If that's not eclectic enough than I don't what is--. The major problem with a lot of techno these days are the repetitive atmospheres that claim to be original and new. Bah! Do you know how many times I hear the same old same old in terms of sound? It gets quite annoying at times and very unappealing to its uninventfulness. Paul, however, is an exception to this complaint. He seems to reinvent himself with each new release, blessing his listeners with something fresh and flat-out marvelous. And if anybody thinks that this is unoriginal and frankly "boring," than they need to open their minds more to change. The consistant breaks of New Age-type songs are a blissful relief to the constant pounding of the grandious synth lines & groove beats conjured by Oakey, proving techno to be much more than just obnoxious noise. It can also provide you with a source of meditation and emotion, as portrayed here in such tunes as Song To The Siren by Sabel (as heard on a perfume commercial), Rachel's Song by Vangelis, and Sanvean by Dead Can Dance. I think it's a perfect blend of two genres weaving naturally into one colorful hue. And I have to agree with an earlier reviewer who pointed out that Oakey's intent of Perfecto Radio was not made for the purpose of dance clubs but moreso for the reason to produce something to groove to at home without wishing you were raving instead.
01. Host Of Seraphim, The - (with Dead Can Dance)
02. Majestic - (with Tone Depth)
03. Take Me Away - (with Chilled Eskimo)
04. Baby I'm Gonna Leave You - (with Led Zeppelin)
05. Ubik (The Dance) - (with Timo Maas)
06. Into Deep - (with LSG)
07. Alright - (with Max Graham)
08. Bullet In A Gun - (Rabbit In The Moon mix, with Planet Perfecto)
09. Darker - (with Brancaccio & Aisher)
10. Sanvean - (with Dead Can Dance)
11. No Way Out - (with Highland)
12. Barnone - (with Max Graham)
13. Tears In Rain
14. Pile Driver - (with Amoebassassin)
01. Music - (with Jamez Presents Tatoin)
02. Eugina 2000 - (Progressive Summer mix, with Salt Tank)
03. Song To The Siren - (with Sabel)
04. Back & Front - (with Skope)
05. Flesh - (with Jan Johnston)
06. Rachel's Song - (with Vangelis)
07. Sacrifice - (with Lisa Gerrard)
08. Animal - (with Lost.It.Com)
09. North Sky - (with Black Watch)
10. Silence 2000, The - (with Delirium)