专辑名称：The Ultimate Collection
★MJ最后的荣耀-【Michael Jackson:The Ultimate Collection】终极精选4CD原版★
MICHAEL JACKSON:The ULTIMATE COLLECTION[黑] 4CD
THE FIRST AND ONLY CAREER-SPANNING BOX SET FROM THE BEST-SELLING SOLO ARTIST OF ALL TIME!
Michael Jackson has been entertaining the world with his incredible musical talent,unequaled dance moves and ground-breaking creativity for over four decades.With three #1 smash hits by the time he was 11 years old,to being the first black artist to break barriers and dominate MTV with his incredible short films,Michael Jackson never ceases to thrill his fans around the world.Now,for the first time,take a special journey through the career and musical genius of Michael Jackson-from his first recordings before the Jackson 5 to his lastest musical works. Plus,experience his incredible LIVE performance extravaganza on a PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED DVD featuring an entire concert event!This is Michael Jackson at his finest…The King of Pop in all his genius and glory!
4 CDS JAM-PACKED WITH HITS FROM 1969 TO 2004!
TONS OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS,RARITIES & DEMSO!
A COMPLETELY UNRELEASED LIVE CONCERT DVD!
60-PAGE BOOKLET INCLUDES:
Rare & Historic Photos
Memorabilia from MJ's Personal Archives
Extensive Essay,Timeline & Discography
The market's been flooded with Michael Jackson product in the last year -- I don't even have any idea what that "The One" DVD was all about. I'll let the general public make up its own theories as to why.
Its bizarre timing aside, this boxed set was long overdue. It's been 10 years since HIStory came out (pretty amazing fact, isn't it?), and while Jackson's output since then has only consisted of one inferior album, HIStory itself was scanty to the point of being ridiculous anyway.
The music is a fascinating study in pop stardom. Jackson's music was so dominant in its own time that it now sounds somewhat dated. There's a reason why The Eagles's Greatest Hits record surpassed Thriller's sales in the U.S.: We are so familiar with Jackson's music that we now rarely shell out the bucks to buy it. That, however, is not to be counted as a negative towards the music itself. It doesn't pretend to be ambitious high art; it's immaculate, immensely enjoyable, catchy and commercial pop/R&B/dance music. And with the exception of the songs from the weak Invincible album (the first Jackson record not to score a number-one single), you're still guaranteed to pack a dance floor whenever you put these songs on. This boxed set does right to the Jackson catalogue by including his Motown years, and while those have been covered amply in the many Jackson 5/Jacksons collections over the years, to have a "comprehensive" Michael Jackson boxed set without this material would have been sacrilegious.
That leaves the fifth disc, the DVD of a live concert in Bucharest. The concert disc is flawed -- I like neither the shooting nor the editing, and it contains far too many audience shots. If I never have to see a Michael Jackson fan cry or faint on camera again, it would be too soon. But the concert disc is an incredibly fascinating case study in the midst of that Ashlee Simpson lip-sync scandal. I've never been to a Jackson concert, so I was very surprised to find that he does sing live -- just not all the time. The fact is, as early as the Motown anniversary special that had made Jackson into a legend, Jackson always gave a better show when he doesn't have to sing. However, it's even more illuminating when Jackson does attempt to sing live. On "Beat It" and "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", Jackson is clearly out of breath and offkey...and remarkably human, letting us poke through that artificial, perfectionist showman exterior to see a fallible artist doing his best. I always wished Jackson would allow more of this side of himself to show -- to humanize his music and persona, and let the flaws be. On this DVD, which was filmed during the Dangerous tour, you get a chance to see Michael Jackson's more ragged edges, and that is simply invaluable. And to see the grossly underrated Siedah Garrett (she wrote "Man in the Mirror", after all, and matched Jackson note-for-note on "I Just Can't Stop Loving You") and ultra-talented, platinum-haired guitar goddess Jennifer Batten brings a flood of memories...Batten's laser-lit guitar solo in "Beat It" is so over the top, it's perfect, even though the shaky editing ate into its effect.
If you're a Jackson fan, you probably would have bought this already and will like it. If not, however, this is still a good chance to snap up a large number of Jackson classics in one go. The concert DVD is also great if you've never seen a Jackson "live" performance,though Jackson stage shows have been captured far better in previous video clips like "Dirty Diana" and, even more so, "Come Together". And given the low price tag on this five-disc box, from a value-for-money front, this boxed set really can't be topped.
1. I Want You Back - The Jackson 5 (1969-Motown)
2. ABC – The Jackson 5 (1970 – Motown)
3. I'll Be There - The Jackson 5 (1970 –Motown)
4. Got To Be There (1971- Motown)
5. I Wanna Be Where You Are (1972- Motown)
6. Ben (1972- Motown)
7. Dancing Machine - The Jackson 5 (1974- Motown)
8. Enjoy Yourself - The Jacksons (single version) (1976-Phil. Int.)
9. Ease On Down The Road - Diana Ross & M.J. (The Wiz - Original Soundtrack)(1978 – MCA)
10. You Can't Win - The Wiz song (12" UK single) (1978 – Epic)
11. Shake A Body – The Jacksons (early demo) (1978 –Epic)
12. Shake Your Body - (Down To The Ground) – The Jacksons (Destiny single edit)(1978- Epic)
13. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - (Off The Wall - Special Edition) (1979-Epic)
14. Rock With You - (Off The Wall - Special Edition)(1979 –Epic)
15. Off The Wall – (Off The Wall - Special Edition) (1980-Epic)
16. She's Out Of My Life – (Off The Wall - Special Edition) (1980 –Epic)
17. Sunset Driver - (demo)(1982)
18. Lovely One – The Jacksons (Triumph, single) (1980-Epic)
19. This Place Hotel – The Jacksons (Triumph, track) (1980 - Epic)
1. Wanna Be Startin' Something - (Thriller –Special Edition) (1983-Epic)
2. The Girl Is Mine - M.J. & Paul McCartney (Thriller - Special Edition) (1982- Epic)
3. Thriller – (Thriller - Special Edition)(1984- Epic)
4. Beat It – (Thriller - Special Edition) (1983 – Epic)
5. Billie Jean – (Thriller - Special Edition) (1983 –Epic)
6. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) - (demo) (1982 – Epic)
7. Someone In The Dark - (The E.T. Storybook) (withdrawn) (1982 MCA)
8. State of Shock – the Jacksons & Mick Jagger (Victory, single) (1984 –Epic)
9. Scared of The Moon – (demo)(1984)
10.We Are The World - (demo)(1985)
11.We Are Here To Change The World - "Captain Eo" (1986)
1. Bad -(Bad - Special Edition) (1987 – Epic)
2. The Way You Make Me Feel – (Bad - Special Edition) (1987 – Epic)
3. Man In The Mirror - M.J. and Siedah Garrett (Bad - Special Edition) (1988- Epic)
4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You - M.J. and Siedah Garrett (Bad - Special Edition)(1987-Epic)
5. Dirty Diana – (Bad - Special Edition) (1988-Epic)
6. Smooth Criminal- (Bad - Special Edition (1988 – Epic)
7. Cheater – (demo)(1987)
8. Dangerous – (early version)
9. Monkey Business – (track) (1989)
10. Jam – (Dangerous - Special Edition)(1992- Epic)
11. Remember The Time – (Dangerous - Special Edition)(1992- Epic)
12. Black Or White – (Dangerous - Special Edition) (1991-Epic)
13. Who Is It (IHS Mix) – (CD single, remix by Brothers) 1993 Epic)
14. Someone Put Your Hand Out (Dangerous Tour/Pepsi exclusive) (1992-Epic)
1. You Are Not Alone – (HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1) (1995- Epic)
2. Stranger In Moscow – (HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1 (1995 –Epic)
3. Childhood - Theme from Free Willy 2 (1995 – Epic)
4. On The Line – (ltd. ed. Minimax UK CD)(1997- Epic)
5. Blood On The Dance Floor – (Blood On The Dancefloor) (1997 - Epic)
6. Fall Again – (demo) (1999)
7. In The Back (track) (2004)
8. Unbreakable – (Invincible (track) (2001 –Epic)
9. You Rock My World – (Invincible) (2001-Epic)
10. Butterflies – (Invincible) (2002-Epic)
11. Beautiful Girl (demo) (1998)
12. The Way You Love Me demo(2000)
13. We've Had Enough (2004)
* indicates previously unissued recording.
Disc Five: Michael Jackson Live In Concert In Bucharest:
The Dangerous Tour (Sept. 19, 1992)
2. Wanna Be Startin' Something
3. Human Nature
4. Smooth Criminal
5. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
6. She's Out Of My Life
7. I Want You Back/The Love You Save
8. I'll Be There
10. Billie Jean
11. Working Day & Night
12. Beat It
13. Will You Be There
14. Black Or White
15. Heal The World
16. Man In The Mirror