Audio CD (September 15, 2003)
Number of Discs:5
1974年成军於澳洲雪梨的重金属劲旅AC/DC以吉他手Angus Young和主唱Bon Scott为中心人物，七○年代乐团虽出过不少专辑但只有地区性走红，直到1980年Bon Scott酒精过量暴毙换上嗓音相似的Brian Johnson推出「Back In Black」，瞬间征服全球金属迷，此专辑至今已卖超过一千万张。接下来的「For Those About To Rock」不可思议的在一遍新浪潮声中登上Billboard流行专辑榜的冠军，这两张专辑不仅是他们的代表作，在重金属范畴中更是经典中的极品。Brian尖锐刺耳的演唱以及Angus著学生短裤边弹吉他边甩头的招牌动作早已深植每位金属迷的内心；甚至演唱会高潮时Angus兴致一来脱下短裤露出尊臀更引来全场为之疯狂。八○年到九○年初AC/DC可说是引领重金属潮流重要团体之一，就连重金属式微之後AC/DC仍然保持一定销售量。
This large, handsomely packaged box set includes two live albums, a remastered digipack issue of AC/DC's 1980 LP "Back In Black", and a disc of outtakes and previously unissued songs in addition to the well-illustrated and (moderately) well-written booklet.
Casual listeners won't really need this set...they will be happy with just "Highway To Hell" and "Back In Black". But more serious fans should delight in the rarities and the live material in particular. Those fans probably own "Back In Black" already, but I suppose it's alright to include it in a box set which is essentially a tribute to AC/DC's original lead singer Ronald "Bon" Scott. That's what "Back In Black" was, after all.
The outtakes (on the disc titled "Volts") are generally very good. All of them are from the Bon Scott-era, and the highlights include an unusually tough eight-minute "She's Got Balls", a live "Sin City", a terrific studio rendition of "If You Want Blood You Got It", and very different versions of the "Highway To Hell"-tracks "Touch Too Much" and "Get It Hot".
The last few minutes of the rarities disc are devoted to an unlisted collection of interview snippets, and AC/DC also perform Chuck Berry's "School Days", although not with quite as much power as you might have expected.
"Live From The Atlantic Studios" is an eight-song radio broadcast from 1978, and it includes spirited performances of "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be", the rarely heard "Dog Eat Dog", and the classic "Whole Lotta Rosie". The sound is good without being magnificent, and Angus Young plays some sizzling lead guitar.
But the biggest highlight of this set is the double-disc soundtrack to the movie "Let There Be Rock", a 1979 Paris, France concert from the "Highway To Hell" tour. "Let There Be Rock - Live In Paris" includes numerous songs which weren't on AC/DC's only official live release of the Bon Scott-era, 1978's "If You Want Blood"...like the menacing "Walk All Over You", "Girls Got Rhythm", and of course "Highway To Hell". It is some of the finest live AC/DC available
And then there's "Back In Black", of course, the group's finest album and one of the greatest hard rock records of all time (as well as the best-selling hard rock-slash-heavy metal record ever). But I suppose you know that one already since you're considering whether or not to invest in a four-disc AC/DC box set.
Again, this is a too much for casual listeners, but diehard fans of AC/DC (and Bon Scott in particular) will want to pick up "Bonfire" right away. And for those of us who fall somewhere in between...well, I like it a lot, but I don't take it out that often. It's great fun, though, and at this price it's a really good purchase.
1. Live Wire (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
2. Problem Child (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
3. High Voltage Live From The Atlantic Studios 5:55
4. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
5. Dog Eat Dog (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
6. The Jack (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
7. Whole Lotta Rosie (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
8. Rocker (Live From The Atlantic Studios)
1. Live Wire (Live In Paris)
2. Shot Down In Flames (Live In Paris)
3. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be (Live In Paris)
4. Sin City (Live In Paris)
5. Walk All Over You (Live In Paris)
6. Bad Boy Boogie (Live In Paris)
1. The Jack (Live In Paris)
2. Highway To Hell (Live In Paris)
3. Girls Got Rhythm (Live In Paris)
4. High Voltage (Live In Paris)
5. Whole Lotta Rosie (Live In Paris)
6. Rocker (Live In Paris)
7. T.N.T. (Live In Paris)
8. Let There Be Rock (Live In Paris)
1. Dirty Eyes (Demo)
2. Touch Too Much (Demo)
3. If You Want Blood You Got It (Demo)
4. Back Seat Confidential (Demo)
5. Get It Hot (Demo)
6. Sin City (Live From "Midnight Special")
7. She's Got Balls (From "Bondi Lifesaver")
8. School Days (From Australian 'TNT' Release)
9. It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)
10. Ride On
1. Hells Bells
2. Shoot To Thrill
3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Givin The Dog A Bone
5. Let Me Put My Love Into You
6. Back In Black
7. You Shook Me All Night Long
8. Have A Drink On Me
9. Shake A Leg
10. Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution