Talk Now is a beginning-level language course on CD-ROM and is excellent for travelers who must pick up a language in a hurry
Talk Now! is designed for people who want to learn a language quickly. It's fun, fast, and makes learning easy. If you don't have time to become fluent, but need the basics in a hurry, then Talk Now! is for you. It's ideal for travellers, holidaymakers, business people, schoolchildren, students and families. Anyone over 10 years will find the disc indispensable for improving listening, understanding and spoken language skills.
The games and quizzes included on the disc ensure that users have fun whilst using the disc, without realising that they're learning. The "intelligent" software feature remembers words you get wrong and targets your weak points. Each question that is answered correctly increases the user's score - get an answer wrong and points will be lost. There are 1800 points in total to gain from the disc. A full score earns the user a 'Gold Award'.
There are nine topics: first words, food, colours, phrases, parts of the body, numbers, time, shopping and countries. Each topic contains listening practice, an easy game, a hard game, a printable dictionary as well as the opportunity to record your voice and hear how you sound in comparison to the two native speakers who tutor the user throughout the course. Each of the target languages has help available in an additional 102 languages. The disc localises automatically using the computer's operating system language. There is also the option to click on the flag on the first screen to change the help language.
- Ideal for beginners and travelers
- Topics include: first words, phrases, food, shopping, numbers, time and more
- Interactive and fun
- Immediate responses to every choice you make
- Compare your pronunciation to that of native speakers, using the record button
- Test your knowledge with easy and hard quizzes, plus play a challenging memory game!
- Monitor your progress—keep a check on your total score, and print your own awards.
- On-screen help is available at all times in over 50 languages
- Print your own picture dictionary for handy reference