来自美国Nashville的后摇乐队Hammock由Marc Byrd和Andrew Thompson两人组成.04年发行的首张大受好评的专辑"Kenotic",至今仍为众多Post-Rock/Shoegaze乐迷所喜爱.之后发行的两张EP"Stranded Under Endless Sky","The Sleep-Over Series Vol.1"也都取得了不错的成绩.06年底发行的"Raising Your Voice...Trying To Stop An Echo",是他们的第二张正式专辑.深邃的电吉他,加上弦乐、钢琴、飘渺的嗓音与鼓击的暗潮,营造出充满丰富聆听质感的沉思之音.为数不多的人声在音乐中若隐若现,满溢着人性的激情与感动.柔和感伤的旋律贯穿始终,缓缓地震荡出另一个广阔而邈远的空间.
Raising Your Voice...Trying to Stop an Echo is the anticipated follow up to Hammock's debut, Kenotic, a record that All Music Guide described as "in every way a contender for classic status in the Shoegazing genre. "The duo's eighteen newest tracks will do little to change that cross-genre appeal. Raising Your Voice...Trying to Stop an Echo is characterized by the duo's hallmark: thick curtains of cascading electric guitars that merge into pure expressions of hope, stillness, joy and loss. Accompanied by strings, piano, ethereal vocals and an occasional undercurrent of percussion, these beautiful, layered guitar washes range from whisper-soft minimalism to moments of driving, slow-burn intensity. Simply put, Marc Byrd and Andrew Thompson make music that is filled with human passion and emotion.
01. I Can Almost See You
02. Raising Your Voice... Trying To Stop An Echo
03. Losing You To You
04. When The Sky Pours Down Like a Fountain
05. House Where We Grew Up
06. God Send Us A Signal
07. Clouds Cover The Stars
08. Floating Away In Every Direction
09. Take A Drink From My Hands
10. Startle The Heavens (Lament)
11. More Dead Than Alive (Get Away From The Medicine)
12. Disappear Like The Morning...
13. ...Like Starlight Into Day
14. Shipwrecked (Float On Your Back)
15. Chorus Of Trees
16. Passing Away
17. Will You Ever Love Yourself?
18. Sparkle And Fade